Connect with us

Sports

Dortmund’s Defender, Bartra Undergoes Successful Surgery After Bus Bombing

Published

on

Borrusia Dortmund’s Marc Bartra has undergone a successful surgery following an attack n the club’s team bus, in which he was the only player that got injured.

The Spanish defender who suffered a broken wrist after his team bus was hit by three explosions while going to a Champions League match, shared a thumbs up photo with a thank you message to his fans.

On Instagram, Bartra wrote: “Hello everybody! As you can see I am doing much better. Thank you everybody for all your support and your messages! All my strength to my team mates, supporters and fans and to BVB for tonight’s match!”

Dortmund said Wednesday that Bartra had to have an operation on his arm and wrist after the attack Tuesday night but say it went well.

According to Dortmund coach, Thomas Tuchel, Marc Bartra will return to training in four weeks.

The Bundesliga club added that the 26-year-old will watch the Champions League quarter-final match between his team and Monaco on television Wednesday evening and “is keeping his fingers crossed for his colleagues.”

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Chelsea Reportedly In Talks With Leicester Over Nigeria’s Wilfred Ndidi

Published

on

Wilfred Ndidi

Highly rated Nigerian international, Winifred Ndidi, is said to be a possible replacement for Jorginho, who is believed to be linked with a move to Juventus.

Ndidi who joined Leicester from Belgian side, Genk, in 2017, has been in superb form for the foxes attracting interest from the likes of Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.

Mundodeportivo.com reports that Chelsea could need a defensive midfielder as Jorginho could be heading to Juventus to reunite with former boss Maurizio Sari, although Frank Lampard insists that the Italian is not for sale.

The 23-year old is valued at 40 million Euros by Leicester city and has a contract til 2024

Continue Reading

Sports

Premier League Set To Resume On June 17

Published

on

Premier League football is poised to return after a three-month shutdown, with top-flight games in England provisionally set to resume on Wednesday, June 17.

The resumption of soccer in England follows Germany’s Bundesliga, which began play last week. It adds momentum to a comeback of sports, with several North American leagues also making plans to find a way back to play. Serie A, which has been suspended since March 10 in hard-hit Italy, announced on Thursday that it would also return, on June 20.

The Premier League’s return would come after weeks of uncertainty amid disagreement among teams over the possibilities. Germany’s successful return to action earlier this month, with the league completing two rounds of action without incident, helped build consensus among executives of England’s leading teams who would have faced huge losses should the season be called off.

The agreement still requires final clearance from British authorities.

In recent days, momentum had been building that the league would return to action after similar moves to complete the season without fans in a growing number of leagues across Europe. English teams earlier this week agreed to protocols for the resumption of full contact practice, a necessary step before competing in games again.

The Coronavirus Outbreak
Latest Updates
Maps and Cases
States Reopening
Answers to Your Questions
Newsletter
English Premier League Plans to Resume June 17
The most-watched league in the world will return, pending a signoff from health authorities, but will play in stadiums without fans and with stringent health protocols. Italy’s top league also announced its return.

The Premier League’s return adds momentum to a return of major sports leagues in the pandemic.
The Premier League’s return adds momentum to a return of major sports leagues in the pandemic.Credit…Andy Rain/EPA, via Shutterstock
By Tariq Panja
May 28, 2020

LONDON — The English Premier League, the most-watched sports league in the world, plans to resume play on June 17 after a two-month hiatus caused by the coronavirus pandemic, league officials announced on Thursday.

The resumption of soccer in England follows Germany’s Bundesliga, which began play last week. It adds momentum to a comeback of sports, with several North American leagues also making plans to find a way back to play. Serie A, which has been suspended since March 10 in hard-hit Italy, announced on Thursday that it would also return, on June 20.

The Premier League’s return would come after weeks of uncertainty amid disagreement among teams over the possibilities. Germany’s successful return to action earlier this month, with the league completing two rounds of action without incident, helped build consensus among executives of England’s leading teams who would have faced huge losses should the season be called off.

The agreement still requires final clearance from British authorities.

In recent days, momentum had been building that the league would return to action after similar moves to complete the season without fans in a growing number of leagues across Europe. English teams earlier this week agreed to protocols for the resumption of full contact practice, a necessary step before competing in games again.

The first games on the schedule will be Aston Villa hosting Sheffield United and Arsenal’s visit to Manchester City. Those games were postponed earlier in the season because of a clash in the calendar.

Several setbacks had suggested that the Premier League might not find a solution to completing the season. Some players raised doubts about returning to action during the pandemic, and a number of smaller teams objected to the possibility of having to play the remaining games at neutral sites. Some of the more high-profile games are almost certain to be played at secondary venues to help manage crowds.

Continue Reading

Sports

Shenhua ‘Open’ To Man Utd Keeping Ighalo Until January

Published

on

Chinese club, Shanghai Shenhua are reportedly open to allowing Odion Ighalo to remain at Manchester United after it was revealed that Chinese Super League’s foreign players are banned from returning to China until October

As the border restrictions may prevent Ighalo from returning to his parent club Shanghai Shenhua, in time for the start of the new season in June, Shenhua are now willing to allow Odion Ighalo remain at Manchester United until January, according to Sky Sport.

This comes days after Ighalo’s agent Ladi Salami confirmed that an extension is close to being agreed between Manchester United, Shanghai Shenhua and Odion Ighalo.

Ladi Salami told FootMercato: “On the one hand, the Super Eagle [Nigerian] feels very good in Manchester with which it is very close to a salary agreement.

“Negotiations with the Chinese are ongoing and are going well.”

”On the other hand, in view of the latest regulations in force in the Middle Empire, it is almost impossible to offer such amounts.’

Since signing for Manchester United on a short-term loan deal from Shanghai Shenhua back in January, the Nigerian International has made a valuable contribution, scoring four times in just three starts.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

HOTTEST TOPICS