Connect with us

Metro

JUST IN: Sultan Of Sokoto’s Son In Serious Car Crash After ‘Getting High On Codeine’

Published

on

The eldest son of Usman Sa’ad Abubakar, the Sultan of Sokoto, popularly called Amir, has been involved in an accident, Sahara Reports reveals.

Amir, whose name means “leader” and was named after Sheik Usman Fodio, was driving at a very high speed of over 200km/hr around 12noon within Sokoto Airport Road, in an area called Bado, when the accident happened.

With him in the car were Khalifa Maccido, son of Aliyu Macciddo, and a girl he allegedly imported from Kaduna to have fun with.

Amir, believed to have been dismissed from a UK school due to his drunkenness, was seen earlier on Sunday leaving a guesthouse with the girl and his friend Khalifa. He was taken to the Usman Danfodio Teaching Hospital, where he has been unconscious.

Witnesses at the scene of the crash said Amir had been drunk while driving, and that a bottle of Benelyn Codeine syrup was found in the car.

While he was being taken to the hospital, officials of the Sultanate Council were seen removing the Sultanate council plate number from the car so as not to expose the Sultanate Council.

Sahara Reporters contacted Faruku Ladan Ddaji, Secretary of the Sultanate, but he said he couldn’t confirm as he was out of town.

Metro

Akwa Ibom Lifts Ban On Weddings And Burials

Published

on

Akwa Ibom Governor Emmanuel Udom

The Akwa Ibom State government has lifted the ban on weddings and burials which was imposed in March following the outbreak of Coronavirus.

Residents of the state who wish to organise funeral ceremonies and weddings in the state, were however asked to follow strict guidelines.

Governor Emmanuel Udom who made the announcement said;

“If you are doing funeral in an open space like a field in a primary school you must not have more than 50 people. We are not forcing you to do the burial, but if you must do it, you must do it within our guidelines. Not more than 50 people and you must adhere to all our guidelines which was drafted by the Christian Association of Nigeria.

“They (people attending the burial) must all wear facemask, have hand sanitisers, (and adhere to) everything that has been outlined by CAN.

“If you are doing the burial inside the church, people inside should not be more than 30.”

Udom further disclosed that monitoring teams would be dispatched to ensure strict compliance with the guidelines. He also urged Pastors to help in the implementation of the guidelines to curb the spread of Coronavirus in the state.

He said;

“Please we don’t want anybody to expose himself or his own family. If you must go out, wear a facemask. If you don’t feel like wearing mask, please stay at home. A lot of people are asymptomatic to this and they keep infecting other people without knowing. And we don’t want this to continue.”

On managing Coronavirus, the Governor added;

“Some of the drugs, we are running out of stock. And how to replenish the stock we don’t know because a whole lot of them are not manufactured here in Nigeria.

“I don’t want us to get to a point where we are overwhelmed.

“As I am talking, I am yet to receive one naira from the federal government to support our fight against COVID-19.”

Continue Reading

Metro

WHO Reacts To TB Joshua’s Healing Of A COVID-19 Patient

Published

on

Days after video of a Cameroonian medical doctor identified as Kameni Pierre claiming to have been healed of Coronavirus by Prophet TB Joshua via his church channel, Emmanuel TV went viral, the World Health Organization (WHO) has reacted to a viral video.

Kameni Pierre, a gynecologist, and obstetrician disclosed that he got infected with Coronavirus and received his healing after he called in for prayers during an interactive programme on Emmanuel TV from the isolation center he was placed in.

According to Pierre, he displayed his result and ‘vomited out’ the disease while receiving prayers from the Nigerian Pastor.

Speaking on the matter after he was questioned about the spiritual healing by Cameroonian journalist, Simon Ateba during an interactive media session, the WHO Director-General, Dr. Tedros Ghebreyesus said faith and science should “go together”.

Ghebreyesus said;

“We know many religious leaders who would really advise their followers to follow their faith and at the same time use science. The two do not contradict; they go together… We will call on all religious leaders to be in this fight and save lives.”

WHO Executive Director of Health Emergencies, Dr Michael Ryan on his own part expressed the readiness of the international health agency to collaborate with bodies like The Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) to advance the fight against Coronavirus.

He said;

“Certainly, spiritual leadership is very important in a time like this.”

Continue Reading

Metro

Chinese Couple In Abuja Lock Up 8 Nigerian Employees For Four Months In Their Apartment

Published

on

Chinese couple in Abuja have been arrested by the Police for allegedly locking up eight of their Nigerian employees in their apartment for the past four months.

Following a tip off by a resident, who reported the incident to the Human Rights radio station. eight domestic workers were rescued by personnel of the Utako Divisional Police Station on Tuesday.

The apartment of the Chinese couple was raided and they and the domestic staff were taken to the station.

Narrating their ordeal in the hands of the Chinese couple, a lady said;

“When I was seriously sick, I asked these people (Chinese employers) to open the gate for me, but they refused until I became very angry before they opened the door. I know my life may be at risk but I don’t mind, let the world know what is happening.

“They told us that if someone was going out, he could help buy something for us, but when this man (referring to a colleague) went out to buy sachet water, they deducted his salary. What do they want us to do?

“We had to stay in the room and talk to people through the windows. They didn’t give us food; apart from the salary, they didn’t give us anything; they even cut our salaries.”

The spokesman, Federal Capital Territory Police Command, DSP Anjuguri Manzah, confirmed the incident, noting that investigation had commenced.

He said the Chinese couple had been released on bail.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

HOTTEST TOPICS