The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has appointed Ikechukwu Ugwuoha, the current Abia State Coordinator as coordinator for “Biafra land”. He takes over from Mazi Onyibe, who has been acting in that capacity before now, IPOB said.
A statement sent to ORIENTAL TIMES by IPOB leadership says the appointment is with immediate effect.
The statement reads:
Ikechukwu Ugwuoha – the present Abia State Coordinator from tonight and with immediate effect, becomes the new overall Biafraland Coordinator. Mazi Onyibe, Africa Rep has held the portfolio in interim capacity pending appointment of a new national coordinator.
• with powers to sack coordinators and non performing officers.
• all state coordinators report to him. Three Deputy National Coordinators will be appointed to assist him.
• Ikechukwu Ugwuoha will report to George Onyeibe Africa Rep. who will report to DOS on regular basis.
The new Biafraland Coordinator has the powers to change existing structures in states where performance is low. He has the powers to recommend the removal of a state coordinator, senatorial coordinator, local government, zonal and unit coordinator.
His decisions are final. He will liaise with IPOB Head of Finance in Germany on a regular basis to ensure financial compliance and replacement of incompetent officers and promotion of competent ones.
•DOS will not entertain any gossip or petition against Ikechukwu Ugwuoha for now. In the future, all petitions may be addrsssed to Africa Rep alone.
• Disciplinary protocol must be observed in IPOB as before. Nobody must be disrespectful to their immediate superior regardless of level of disagreement. All grievances should be channeled through unit coordinators. The practice of contacting DOS or the leadership abroad is abolished.
• Ikechukwu Ugwuoha the new Biafraland Coordinator reserves the right to summon any member, group of members or officers to a meeting. Failure to attend such summon or meeting will attract instant dismissal.
• Ikechukwu Ugwuoha and the Africa Rep are the faces of the IPOB leadership worldwide in Biafraland. Anything they say is law.
Anything they say is law in Biafraland. Anybody that disobeys a directive from them will be expelled from IPOB. They and those they appoint to run errands for the family in Biafraland must be accorded the utmost respect.