Connect with us

Metro

Killers Of US Army Veteran, Chuks Okebata Arrested

Published

on

Chuks Okebata

The Nigeria Police Force have apprehended a seven-member notorious kidnapping gang that killed a US Army veteran, Chuks Okebata in Imo State in 2017.

Operatives of the Inspector General of Police Special Intelligence Response Team, IRT, led by Deputy Commissioner of Police, Abba Kyari, effected the arrest of the suspects.

The deceased, a Nigerian who was serving in the US army was holidaying in Okigwe when he was abducted and killed.

The suspects, Sunday Igwe, alias School Boy, Michael Ahmefula, Oyebuchi Echefule, Ndubusi Isaac, Victor Dagogo, Chima Okoro and John Edet were arrested last week.

The suspects admitted being members of a deadly armed robbery and kidnapping gang terrorizing Imo, Abia and Rivers States. Their leader, School-Boy, said that they never knew that the deceased was an American soldier and that they never planned to kill him. He said;

“He tried to disarm me and in the process was killed. If we had not killed him, he would have killed us. He is strong with tough muscles and the only way to save our lives was to kill him.

We bundled him into the boot of our operational vehicle after he was kidnapped. We didn’t know who he was. While we were heading to our camp where we hope to keep him until ransom is paid. He pulled out his gun and started shooting at us from the boot and the bullet hit me on the leg and the driver on his hand.

Realizing the danger I asked our driver to stop the vehicle. As soon as the vehicle came to a halt we disarmed him. He was killed right there on the spot. We dumped his body inside a gutter and left. I want everyone to understand that I have no intention of killing him but he forced us into doing it,”

One of the suspects, Michael Ahamefuna, who is married with two children, recounts how he was introduced to crime

“I reside in Port Harcourt. I am from Abia state. I am a trader. I met School-boy in a smoking joint where we smoke drugs and he used to come and smoke drugs.

“He had injury on his leg then and he took me to his village and we met one KC. We formed a kidnapping gang. We kidnapped a man who paid us N1.5million and we went to another business that paid us N15million. We also picked someone in Owerri and we took the person to Iteam in Abia State. We got N10million from two victims, the last one that got us into trouble occurred in October 2018 and we lost our leader in that operation” he said

Metro

Chinese Man Arrested For ‘Killing Wife, Dismembering Her Body And Flushing Remains Down The Toilet’

Published

on

A Chinese man has been arrested by police for allegedly killing his wife, cutting apart her corpse and flushing some of her remains down the toilet.

In a gruesome case that has shocked the country, Xu Guoli, 55, has been accused of killing his wife while she was asleep due to ‘conflicts in family life’, according to a city’s legal authority.

Chinese man arrested for ‘killing wife, dismembering her body and flushing remains down the toilet’ (Photos)

Xu allegedly dumped part of his wife’s chopped up body in various locations and got rid of her body tissue partially through the toilet at their home in eastern China’s Zhejiang Province. He was formally arrested on Thursday in the city of Hangzhou on suspicion of intentional homicide.

In a statement, the city’s legal authority said Mr Xu’s method of crime was cruel, and the nature of his act was ‘evil’.

Mr Xu and his daughter on July 6, had reported to the police last month that his spouse had left home in the middle of the night and ‘mysteriously’ gone missing.

He became the main suspect after discovering human tissue in the septic tank in their community, reported state broadcaster CCTV.

According to the state-run media outlet, Mr Xu worked as a driver in Hangzhou before the case and his wife, 51-year-old Ms Lai, was a cleaner.

The couple had divorced for unspecified reasons before remarrying in 2008.

Mr Xu claimed he found his wife had vanished after waking up on the early morning of July 5 after they had spent a day ‘happily and harmoniously’ with their daughter the day before.

CCTV released the last surveillance footage of Ms Lai, which showed her entering the lift with her daughter at around 5pm on July 4.

The incident saw a breakthrough when police formed a special team to investigate the case on July 21 and decided to drain the septic tank of Mr Xu’s residential compound.

Officers spent 25 hours extracting the waste and transported it to a lab with 38 trucks. Lab workers identified suspected human tissue in the refuse on the next day.

Police summoned Mr Xu for questioning at 1am on July 23, and after nine hours of interrogation, the man admitted to murdering his partner and cutting her body into pieces.

Mr Xu confessed that he had felt dissatisfied towards Ms Lai due to ‘conflicts in family life’, leading him to kill her during her sleep in the early hours of July 5.

Continue Reading

Metro

Man 78, Kills 74-Year-Old Wife With A Hammer Over Alleged Unfaithfulness

Published

on

Police have arrested a Washington state resident for allegedly killing his wife of 53 years by hitting her with a hammer because he suspected her of cheating.

It was learnt that the 78-year-old suspect identified as James Flora was booked into the Pierce County Jail on Monday August 3 on a charge of first-degree murder in the death of his spouse, identified as 74-year-old Ella Joyce Flora.

James Flora had walked into Tacoma General Hospital and told staff that he had choked his wife during a fight at their home.

Officers with the University Place Police Department responded to the Flora family’s home in the 5600 block of 61st Avenue West to perform a welfare check on the wife after the husband’s statement.

When officers rang the doorbell, no one answered, so they gained entry into the house through an open window. Inside, they found the 74-year-old victim dead.

An autopsy performed by the Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office determined that the victim’s cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head.

Investigators said that James repeatedly struck his wife with a hammer and then put plastic wrap on her mouth and nose until she stopped breathing.

According to charging documents cited by Tacoma News Tribune, the couple had a volatile relationship and their neighbors reported often hearing screams coming from their house, including last Sunday.

James claimed his wife had been cheating on him for years and he knew about it.

On Sunday night, August 2, the couple got into an argument after Ella allegedly sneezed into her husband’s dinner.

The pair eventually walked away from the fight, and James fell asleep in a chair.

James told police that he woke up to find Ella trying to cut his dialysis tube and slit his wrist, inflicting two cuts.

James said he went to the bathroom to tend to his wounds and returned brandishing a hammer, which he allegedly used to attack his wife.

“He continued to strike her with the hammer and said that he could not stop,” the court filings alleged. “When asked why he was hitting his wife with the hammer, he stated that it was because his wife was a ‘ho’.”

In an effort to muffle her screams, James said he put plastic wrap on her face.

The couple have two grown daughters and several grandchildren.

One of their daughters, Patrice Flora, wrote on Facebook of her mother’s killing: “How can you have 53 years of marriage and kill them like a wild animal!! I pray the hell you put my mother through in her final minutes you will experience everyday until you die!!”

Continue Reading

Metro

Police Arrest 21-Year-Old Man For Allegedly Sodomizing Underaged Boys In Anambra

Published

on

A 21-year-old man has been arrested by the police in Anambra state for allegedly sodomizing underage boys in the state.

Police arrest 21-year-old man for allegedly sodomizing underaged boys in Anambra lailasnews

The suspect identified as Obimeze Maduabuchi Augustine, of Ofianta village, Nsugbe, in Anambra East Local Government Area of the state, was arrested for allegedly having carnal knowledge with two boys, aged five and seven respectively, on different occasions.

This was made known in a statement from the spokesperson of the state police command, SP Haruna Mohammed.

The spokesperson said Obimese was arrested by the police detectives attached to B’ Division, Awka, following a tip-off. According to a statement, the suspect voluntarily confessed to committing the crime and blamed his acts on peer group influences.

“The scene of the crime was visited by the police detectives and the two victims, all boys, were taken to the hospital for medical examination.” Haruna said

Haruna said the state commissioner of police, CP John B. Abang, has ordered the transfer of the case to the state criminal investigation department (CID) for discreet investigations after which the suspect would be charged to court.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

HOTTEST TOPICS