Connect with us

Metro

Poly Ibadan Burns Millions Of Naira Worth Of Phones Seized From Students During Exam

Published

on

To restate its commitment to fighting examination malpractices to the barest level and enforcing discipline, the management of The Polytechnic Ibadan has ordered that mobile phones, worth millions of naira, which were confiscated from the students during examinations be set on fire.

The Deputy Rector of the institution, Bayo Oyeleke, addressing journalists on Wednesday, at the Ibadan campus of the institution said the authorities have resolved to ensuring that the examinations of the Polytechnic are sacred.

According to Oyeleke, the phones worth millions of naira were recovered from the students during examination in the school and that the school has decided to burn the phones to restate its commitment to fight examination malpractices to the barest level.

“We are here to take further action on our resolved to ensure that the crop of students and product being produced by the school are students with exemplary character and are those who really work and worth the certificate of the institution.” He said.

He further said there are rules guiding the school examination and that any student that goes against any of the rules will be made to dance to the music.

“There are rules guiding the principles of our examinations and one of it is that no student under whatever guise should come into the examination hall with cell phones but you know that some students are very recalcitrant

“We have resolved to confiscate them because it has been expressly stated on their examination paper that any phone found on any students during examination shall be confiscated and in order not to allow any of the phones to filter out, the school has resolved that such phones shall be burnt,” he said.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro

Hushpuppi And His Cybercrime Team Attempted Scamming An English Premier League Club Of $124m

Published

on

U.S. Government’s Department of Justice has revealed on his website that Hushpuppi and his cybercrime team attempted scamming a British Premier League club of $124 million

Hushpuppi who flaunted his extravagant lifestyle on social media is currently in the United States to face criminal charges alleging he conspired to launder hundreds of millions of dollars from business email compromise (BEC) frauds and other scams, including schemes targeting a U.S. law firm, a foreign bank and an English Premier League soccer club.

Hushpuppi and others allegedly conspired to steal £100 million (approximately $124 million) from an English Premier League soccer club.

Hushpuppi was arrested last month by UAE law enforcement officials.

If convicted of conspiracy to engage in money laundering, Abbas would face a statutory maximum sentence of 20 years in federal prison.

Continue Reading

Metro

Kemi Olunloyo Clashes With SARS Operatives In Lagos [Video]

Published

on

Controversial Nigerian investigative Journalist, Kemi Olunloyo, clashed with some SARS operatives yesterday, July 3, in Lagos State.

Kemi Olunloyo Clashes With SARS
The incident which occurred near Eco Bank in the Badore, Ajah area of the state saw Kemi confronting some SARS officers after they ordered them out of their car and wanted to search them without a search warrant.

In the video, Kemi could be seen effortlessly spinning severally at 360 degrees while slamming the SARS operatives for abusing their powers.

She also demanded that members of the Special Anti Robbery Squad treat Nigerians better and threatened to have the officers arrested for demanding money from her son and artiste at several occasions.

Refer to her Twitter thread and video below;

Continue Reading

Metro

Akwa Ibom Lifts Ban On Weddings And Burials

Published

on

Akwa Ibom Governor Emmanuel Udom

The Akwa Ibom State government has lifted the ban on weddings and burials which was imposed in March following the outbreak of Coronavirus.

Residents of the state who wish to organise funeral ceremonies and weddings in the state, were however asked to follow strict guidelines.

Governor Emmanuel Udom who made the announcement said;

“If you are doing funeral in an open space like a field in a primary school you must not have more than 50 people. We are not forcing you to do the burial, but if you must do it, you must do it within our guidelines. Not more than 50 people and you must adhere to all our guidelines which was drafted by the Christian Association of Nigeria.

“They (people attending the burial) must all wear facemask, have hand sanitisers, (and adhere to) everything that has been outlined by CAN.

“If you are doing the burial inside the church, people inside should not be more than 30.”

Udom further disclosed that monitoring teams would be dispatched to ensure strict compliance with the guidelines. He also urged Pastors to help in the implementation of the guidelines to curb the spread of Coronavirus in the state.

He said;

“Please we don’t want anybody to expose himself or his own family. If you must go out, wear a facemask. If you don’t feel like wearing mask, please stay at home. A lot of people are asymptomatic to this and they keep infecting other people without knowing. And we don’t want this to continue.”

On managing Coronavirus, the Governor added;

“Some of the drugs, we are running out of stock. And how to replenish the stock we don’t know because a whole lot of them are not manufactured here in Nigeria.

“I don’t want us to get to a point where we are overwhelmed.

“As I am talking, I am yet to receive one naira from the federal government to support our fight against COVID-19.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement

HOTTEST TOPICS