Connect with us

Metro

COZA Rape Scandal: Timi Dakolo Holds Press Conference, Makes Shocking Revelations

Published

on

Timi Dakolo

Nigerian singer, Timi Dakolo and his photographer wife, Busola Dakolo on Sunday afternoon, held a press conference in Lagos.

While speaking at the press conference, the singer revealed his wife just told him about the rape incident last year. According to him, she had made several attempts to tell him about it but would not be able to until she summoned courage last year and opened up to him.

Timi said after Busola told him what happened, he was saddened that such a thing could happen to her in a church – he later then encouraged her to tell her story to the world no matter the repercussions. He vowed to be by his wife’s side all through this journey. The singer raised his concerns on the manner in which the letter of summons was delivered to him and his wife yesterday Saturday July 20th by the police.

Timi maintained that what happened at his house yesterday was nothing but intimidation. He wondered why the policemen will send armed men to come to invite him and his wife for questioning. Timi, in course of the conference, alleged threat to his life and his family since Busola spoke out her truth – he stated that strange people have shown up at his place unannounced several times. He also said that some persons have also trailed himself and his wife whenever they go out.

He said his wife filed a petition against Fatoyinbo at the police station on June 27th, a day before the interview where she made the allegation was released. He went on to refute the claims that he is seeking financial gains with the rape saga. According to Timi, he is a singer who makes money from performances as well as collect royalties from some of his works. He also added that he writes songs for some foreign artistes and makes money from that.

Addressing newsmen at the conference, the proud father of three said there is a difference between a sin and a crime and that anyone who commits a crime must pay for it. He added that Nigerians have encouraged the culture where victims of abuse are forced to keep quiet and carry the garbage to their matrimonial homes where they cannot even reveal such to their spouses.

Responding to the allegation that he had stated in a previous interview that he met Busola a virgin, Timi said he never made such a statement and finds it abnormal for him to sit with someone to discuss his wife’s sexual history. Addressing a question on how Busola was doing, the father of three said no one can say exactly how she is feeling but that she is currently seeing a psychologist who she can bare her mind to.

Also speaking at the press conference, the Executive Director of Enough is Enough Nigeria, Yemi Adamolekun, revealed that Timi’s lawyers, Falana and Falana, will be sending a letter to the police tomorrow Monday July 22nd for clarity on the summons delivered on Saturday. According to her, the summon delivered yesterday had some inconsistency that needs to be cleared before Timi and Busola can respond to it.

Metro

‘Coronavirus Will Disappear In 6 Days’ — Oluwo Of Iwo

Published

on

Oluwo of Iwo has said that the ”end” of Coronavirus is in sight.

The King of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi has been actively expressing his concerns about the Coronavirus.

A little over a week ago, he issued a spiritual warrant of arrest for the deadly virus, adding that he has “pronounced the arrest of the deadly virus through his office with the ultimatum of 16-day for the menace to vacate the world.”

10 days has passed since his proclamation and he took to Instagrm to assure his followers that in 6 days time, God will “sheath his sword” and we will “all heal together”.

He wrote:

“Stay safe by keeping the distance and wearing masks, help your neighbour in need by feeding them and always wash your hands whenever you handle money and touch anything, check on your neighbour’s… we in this together until God kabiyesi Olodumare sheaths His sword in 6 days time and we all heal together !! God bless you all abundantly to witness the next power shift in the world that will give glory to only God in the Highest… Adagba ma paro oye Kabiyesi Olodumare Iba re o.”

Continue Reading

Metro

LUTH Confirms Death Of Coronavirus Patient

Published

on

The Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi-Araba, Lagos, on Saturday confirmed the death of a COVID-19 patient in the hospital.

Prof. Chris Bode, LUTH Chief Medical Director, made this known in statement issued by Prof. Wasiu Adeyemo, Chairman, Medical Advisory Committee (CMAC) of LUTH, on his behalf.

According to him, a man was brought unconscious to LUTH Emergency late in the evening of Wednesday, April 2 by his friend.

“Although, they denied any history of recent travel, his presentation strongly suggested Covid-19.

“He was handled professionally by the Infectious Diseases Consultant and his team without unduly exposing LUTH staff to danger. He died a few hours later.

“Further investigations later revealed he had earlier performed a test at Yaba soon after he travelled back to Nigeria from Holland and the test was positive.

“He was a known diabetic hypertensive patient. He also had a kidney transplant for chronic kidney disease and was on immunosuppressant drugs.

“The corpse has since been handed over to the appropriate Unit of the Lagos State Ministry of Health for safe burial according to international best practices.

“Our Department of Community Medicine has moved swiftly to trace, follow-up and and assist gallant staff who managed the patient,” Bode said.

He said that LUTH management implored all members of staff to continue observing strict standard protocols, while handling all patients as medical personnel are especially at increased risk from such undisclosed exposure.

“All efforts are being made to ensure the availability of all required items to continue the effective management of such cases that come to LUTH.

“Efforts are also in top gear to complete the isolation facility in LUTH for management of any possible spillover from the Yaba Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH), if the surge in patients’ load continues,” Bode said.

(NAN)

Continue Reading

Metro

8 Inmates Of Kaduna Prison Allegedly Killed By Officials For Leading Protest

Published

on

Prison officials have allegedly killed eight inmates of the Kaduna Correctional Centre for engaging in a protest at the facility.

It was earlier reported that inmates of the correctional centre engaged in a riot over a rumoured suspected case of Covid-29 at the facility on Tuesday, March 31.

It was learnt that the inmates demanded to be released from the congested centre owing to claims of an awaiting trial inmate infecting two other inmates with Coronavirus.

These inmates were afraid. They feared that they could contract Coronavirus and die due to the overcrowded nature of cells and poor ventilation system in the facility.

It was also learnt that the misunderstanding was resolved and sanity was restored.

According to SaharaReporters, 8 inmates were killed the following day, April 1 for leading the protest and the authorities are trying to cover up the incident.

The publication reports that a day after the unrest, at 12pm on April 1, “prison waders went from cell to cell ordering inmates presumed to be ringleaders of the protest to come out.” When they came out, the allegedly shot some and tortured others.

Those killed are Hammed Abdullahi, Lucky Ugokama, Ibrahim Abukabar aka Baba Lolo, Yahu Salisu, Elvis Wisdom Adekpe, Lucky Njoku, Oluchukwu Oche also known as ‘No Witch’, and Ibrahim Abdullahi, while Ogume Osifo Osarome is in critical condition after being severely tortured.

SaharaReporters disclosed that a top source in the correctional facility revealed that “One Hammed Abdullahi was shot in the stomach by a prison guard, he died immediately.

“Yahu Salisu was shot in the buttocks while Ibrahim Abdullahi died of torture.

“Lucky Njoku was beaten to death by prison guards, he died of the wounds inflicted on him.

“Ibrahim Abubakar died yesterday too from the beatings he received from the prison guards.”

The publication adds that when they contacted Muhammad Jalige, spokesperson for the Kaduna State Police Command, on the issue, he said it was “an internal problem between staff and inmates” of the correctional facility.

International rights group, Amnesty International has called for an investigation into the alleged jailbreak as well as the decongestion of all prisons nationwide by the Nigerian Government.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

HOTTEST TOPICS