Connect with us

Politics

Ban Movement Of Fulani Herdsmen To Central, Southern Nigeria – Ganduje

Published

on

Ganduje

Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano State has called for a ban of seasonal migration of Fulani herdsmen to the central and southern parts of Nigeria.

Ganduje spoke shortly after attending the wedding ceremony of the son of Sen. Kabiru Gaya, Ibrahim Khalil in Sokoto on Saturday.

The governor said the best way to improve the living standard of Fulani people was by banning their seasonal migration.

“Fulani migration should be banned otherwise they would continue to suffer and the security challenges in the country would continue to exist,” he added.

“That is why we are developing RUGA in Kano state, so that Fulani people can be in one place and enjoy all the social services like other people of the state.

Loading...

“The type of herdsmanship the Fulanis are doing now will be improved, so that they can produce more cows, more milk and ensure more economic prosperity to themselves,” Ganduje said.

“No better way to improve their lives if you don’t prevent their migration from the north to the central and southern parts of Nigeria.

He, however, said states where Fulani are not indigenes will not be required to implement the RUGA settlement initiative.

The governor told newsmen that the RUGA settlement initiative was for states who could cater for the Fulanis, and was targeted at making herdsmanship a socio-economic investment not a socio-cultural issue.

“So States where indigenes are not Fulani cannot be asked to implement RUGA, as such it is for states that can cater for the Fulanis and wish to improve their herdsmanship.

Advertisement
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. 9JA news

    July 29, 2019 at 1:29 am

    ORD£R FOR Dangøte C£M£NT

    F0R #1800 P£R BAG,

    DIR£CT FR0M THE FACT0RY

    CUST0M£RS CAN ONLY G£T FR0M 1OOBAG,

    TRUCK LOAD OF 6OOBAGS,9OOBAGS AND ABOVE.

    CALL THE MARK£TING MANAG£R MR OAR£ OJElK£R£ 0N (080-3520-3910) OR ASSlSTANT SAL£S

    MANAG£R MRS GRAC£ JATT0 0N (080-6207-9725) FOR DETAILS AND GUARDLIN£S

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Politics

Drama As Buhari’s Aide, Garba Shehu Presents 2019 Man Of The Year Award To Melaye [VIDEO]

Published

on

Garba Shehu and Dino Melaye

Two time member of the National Assembly, Dino Melaye on Sunday night was presented with the Man of the year award by a popular online newspaper, ‘Kwararafa Reporters’ just days after losing a return to the legislative chamber.

According to the statement released by the online news platform, the recognition was aimed at further spurring other Nigerians to engender good governance and ultimately a better society, through diligence, hardwork, personal integrity and leadership as exemplified by Melaye and fellow Awardees.

Present at the event was an aide to President Muhammadu Buhari, Garba Shehu.

However, a mild drama ensued when the organisers of the award called Garba Shehu, a spokesperson of President Muhammadu Buhari, to present the award to the former senator.

The mention of Garba resulted in guests clapping and hailing in surprise.

Loading...

Even Melaye, who was standing while his citation was read out, could not hold his laughter as well.

Garba Shehu came out to present the award to Dino Melaye. This action further caused laughter in the audience as both doesn’t belong to same Political school of thought.

Garba then asked jokingly after collecting the plaque to be presented to Melaye: “Should I just take this thing and leave him standing here?”

He told the guests that he had been close to Dino Melaye being that the duo had come a very long way. He added that they had worked together on many projects. He noted that politics has a way of bringing people together and also dividing them.

In his reaction after receiving the award, Melaye described Garba as his brother and friend. He confirmed that the two of them have a longstanding relationship beyond the current dispensation.

“And I appreciate him for presenting this award. I appreciate the organisers,” Melaye said.

Continue Reading

Politics

Orji Kalu Will Receive Full Salaries, Allowances In Prison – Senate

Published

on

Orji Uzor Kalu

The Nigerian Senate has explained that former governor of Abia state, Orji Uzor Kalu, will continue to receive his salaries and all other entitlements while serving his prison sentence.

Godiya Akwashiki, the spokesperson of the Senate, who made this known on Sunday, December 8, said Kalu will be paid all of his entitlements in full because he remains a sitting senator despite his conviction.

It was gathered that Akwashiki said the convicted chief whip of the Senate remains a serving lawmaker until the case gets to Supreme Court and a final judgement is given.

He said: “He is still a senator. This is the first court. The matter is going to Supreme Court so, he still has the opportunity to appeal up to the Supreme Court level. Of course they will pay him. Because he is a sitting senator just like I said…if you file for appeal, you are still serving and so they will pay you. All his entitlements will be paid.

“The spokesperson of the Senate explained that even if the Court of Appeal upheld the judgement of the lower court, Kalu still has the right to go to Supreme Court. He said it is only the Supreme Court that holds the final judgement over Kalu’s conviction.”

Loading...

Continue Reading

Politics

My Party Started Hate Speech In Nigeria — APC Chieftain

Published

on

Lai Mohammed

A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Joshua Alobo, has claimed that his party started hate speech in Nigeria.

Alobo mentioned the current Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, as one of those involved in activities that can now be termed as hate speech under the present administration.

The human rights activist slammed the APC for allegedly turning around to hound some of those it used to get to power because they are now criticizing the present administration.

Alobo, who is the president of the International Human Rights and Development Centre, said these while speaking on Channel TV’s ‘Sun Rise Daily’ on Omoyele Sowore’s re-arrest by the Department of State Services (DSS) last week.

The DSS was said to have invaded the court premises to re-arrest Sowore less than 24 hours after granting him bail.

Loading...

Alobo said he was “seriously embarrassed” by the situation as Sowore was “among those who canvassed for the ‘change’ mantra.”

“APC, in which I am a chieftain, originated hate speech,” Mr Alobo, who is the President of the International Human Rights and Development Centre, continued.

“Look at what happened at . . . even Lai Muhammed and the rest, nobody was arrested. Look at the fuel subsidy protest at the freedom square. If not that Jonathan was proactive to deploy soldiers . . . I was in Abuja; even though I wasn’t in the general protest, I was using my vehicle to monitor the whole situation.

“So a lot of showbiz was going on during the Jonathan administration, they don’t look at it as a threat to the government. What is Sowore? They are just making the guy to be too popular, I don’t know him as a person. But they have been reading Sahara Reporters right from Jonathan era, a lot of information has been disclosed and all those things.

“So if a media practitioner cannot express his opinion, then what will he do? And this is a man that has the pedigree of activism right from University. So the DSS for goodness sake should not bring another terrorist group. It is the suppression of Yusuf Muhammed that escalated into what we have now as Boko Haram.”

The DSS had charged Sowore with alleged treasonable felony and cyberstalking President Muhammadu Buhari, among others.

He was first picked up by the state service after announcing plans to stage what he termed the “#RevolutionNow” protest against the Buhari administration.

The DSS had explained over the weekend that it re-arrested the Sahara Reporters publisher because he resorted to “acts inimical to security” after he was granted bail.

Continue Reading
Advertisement