Connect with us

Inside Nigeria

JUST IN: CAN Raises Alarm Over Influx Of Strange Faces Into South-East

Published

on

CAN - Christian Association of Nigeria

The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) has expressed concern over what it called influx into the Southeast by unidentified faces.

It raised the alarm on Sunday in a statement signed by its chairman in the Southeast, Bishop Dr. Goddy Okafor and the Secretary, Dr. S.C Nwokolo.

The Christian body, which restated its opposition to the controversial RUGA programme, said such strange faces should be made to leave the zone.

According to the group, “all the people without identity, who are flooding the zone should be stopped by immigration and other law enforcement agencies.

“Also, suspected foreign herders and the killer herdsmen are asked to leave the zone immediately. Most of such foreign and killer herders have been identified in some parts of the zone.”

While commending the Southeast Governors for steps taken so far towards addressing activities of killer herdsmen, it said community policing policy already initiated should be strengthened.

CAN, however, observed with dismay that “the local government chairmen, traditional rulers, President-Generals, (PGs) and councilors are living in the urban areas, thereby abandoning the villagers to their fate.

“We condemn such habit and ask them to start operating from their villages. Let them come back and be the gatekeepers in their villages.”

It maintained its stand that “RUGA should be totally abolished. To this effect, we condemn the inciting statements made by the President of Miyetti Allah, asking for RUGA in all the States, else there won’t be peace in the country.

“CAN is calling for his arrest, as comments credited to him has always been inciting. Let him be tried by a competent court of law.”

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Inside Nigeria

BREAKING: Nigeria Confirms 20 New Coronavirus Cases, Total Now 131

Published

on

Nigeria has confirmed twenty new cases of coronavirus, according to the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC).

A tweet from NCDC reads;

“Twenty new cases of #COVID19 have been reported in Nigeria; 13 in Lagos, 4 in FCT, 2 in Kaduna and 1 in Oyo State

As at 09:00 pm 30th March there are 131 confirmed cases of #COVID19 reported in Nigeria with 2 deaths.”

Continue Reading

Inside Nigeria

BREAKING: Nigeria Records Second Coronavirus Death

Published

on

The Nigerian Government has confirmed the second death from coronavirus (COVID-19) in the country.

The Minister of Health, Dr Osagie Ehanire, announced this on Monday during the Presidential Task Force Briefing on COVID-19 in Abuja, the nation’s capital.

He stressed that Nigeria has 111 confirmed cases of COVID-19, saying a majority of them were persons who came in from overseas.

According to the health minister, the highest number of confirmed cases are in Lagos and Abuja because they serve as the major gateways to the country.

He also informed the gathering that all retired but able-bodied staff of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and the Federal Ministry of Health were being recalled.

Ehanire warned Nigerians to protect the elderly among them, as well as those having underlying health issues as they were the most vulnerable.

Continue Reading

Inside Nigeria

[BREAKING] COVID-19: Buhari’s Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari Arrives Lagos In Air Ambulance

Published

on

Abba Kyari

The Chief of Staff to President Muhammadu Buhari, Abba Kyari has reportedly arrived Lagos State.

According to a report by Daily Post on Monday, March 30, the top government official who tested positive for Coronavirus a few days ago has been transferred from Abuja to Lagos State to continue receiving treatment for the COVID-19 disease.

It was reported that Kyari who was rumoured to have travelled abroad alongside President Buhari arrives Nigeria’s commercial hub in an air ambulance.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

HOTTEST TOPICS