Connect with us

Inside Nigeria

See The List Of 22 Soldiers Declared Wanted For Running Away From Boko Haram

Published

on

Nigerian army

Twenty-four soldiers have been reportedly declared wanted by the Nigerian Army for running from Boko Haram during an attack on September 29.

It was further gathered that the attack happened at Gubio, a community in Borno State.

Though some reports have it that 18 soldiers were killed during the attack which was launched on a military outpost in the community, the Nigerian Army is yet to confirm the number of casualties it suffered during the attack.

It was gathered that following the attack, senior military officers were detailed to carry out an investigation to ascertain the level of resistance or damage from troops during the attack.

The investigation found that 22 soldiers were unavailable but it remains unclear if the missing soldiers are dead or captured by Boko Haram.

However, they have in the interim, being declared as deserters.

The list of soldiers declared wanted as obtained by Premium Times includes: U.A. Nagogo, a major; Mallam Turaki, a staff sergeant; Benjamin Afolabi, sergeant, Christian Nwachukwu, sergeant; Patrick Kosin, sergeant; Awuwa Orin, sergeant; Ibrahim Amodu, sergeant; Nasiru Umar, sergeant; Bello Suleiman, sergeant; Josiah Seth, sergeant and Muazu Nura, sergeant.

Ayodeji Ogunsuji, corporal; Michael Friday, corporal; Wakili Saul, corporal; Akyen Zamani, corporal; Yahaya Abubakar-Doia, lance corporal; Isikuru Venture, lance corporal; Aminu Isiaku, lance corporal; Usman Suleiman, lance corporal; Maigari Markus, lance corporal; Edward Ofem, lance corporal and Adams Shehu, lance corporal, were also declared wanted.

The identified soldiers are to be arrested if found and returned in military escort to face disciplinary action.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Inside Nigeria

Nigeria Records 499 New COVID-19 Cases, Total Now 30,748

Published

on

Nigeria has recorded 499 new cases of coronavirus, bringing the total number of infections in the country to 30,748.

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) made this known via its Twitter handle on Thursday.

“499 new cases of #COVID19; Lagos-157 Edo-59 Ondo-56 Oyo-31 Akwa Ibom-22 Borno-21 Plateau-19 Kaduna-18 Katsina-18 Bayelsa-17 FCT-17 Delta-14 Kano-11 Rivers-10 Enugu-8 Ogun-6 Kwara-4 Imo-3 Nasarawa-2 Osun-2 Abia-1 Ekiti-1 Niger-1 Yobe-1.”

499 new cases of #COVID19;

Lagos-157

Edo-59

Ondo-56

Oyo-31

Akwa Ibom-22

Borno-21

Plateau-19

Kaduna-18

Katsina-18

Bayelsa-17

FCT-17

Delta-14

Kano-11

Rivers-10

Enugu-8

Ogun-6

Kwara-4

Imo-3

Nasarawa-2

Osun-2

Abia-1

Ekiti-1

Niger-1

Yobe-1

30748 confirmed

12546 discharged

689 deaths

Continue Reading

Inside Nigeria

WAEC Can’t Determine When Schools Will Reopen — FG

Published

on

Minister of Education, Adamu Adamu, has said that Nigerian schools will not reopen any time soon until it is safe to do so because of the COVID-19 pandemic.

He has therefore said that final year students preparing for the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (SSCE) will not be allowed to return to school contrary to what had earlier been believed.

Addressing State House correspondents after the virtual meeting of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) in Abuja on Wednesday, Adamu stated that the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) cannot determine the resumption date of schools for Nigeria.

He said he would prefer that Nigerian students lose an academic year than to expose them to dangers.

He appealed to States that have announced the resumption of school in their states to reconsider their position so as not to jeopardize the lives of the students, adding, “It is not safe to reopen schools now.”

Continue Reading

Inside Nigeria

BREAKING: Nigerian Students Won’t Write 2020 WAEC — FG Declares

Published

on

Final year secondary school students in Nigeria won’t participate in the forthcoming West African Examination Council(WAEC) examinations, the Federal Government has declared.

The Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, who disclosed this to State House Correspondents on Wednesday after the week’s virtual Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, also said there is no date for school resumption yet.

He said he would prefer Nigerian students lose an academic year to expose them to dangers.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

HOTTEST TOPICS