Connect with us

Sports

Postponed 2019 El Clasico To Hold On December 18

Published

on

El Clasico

The postponed El Clasico between Barcelona and Real Madrid will now be played on December 18 despite opposition from La Liga, the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) confirmed on Wednesday.

Spain’s most prestigious fixture, which was due to take place at Camp Nou on Saturday, was postponed last week because of violent pro-independence protests in Catalonia.

La Liga had proposed December 4 or 7 and have said they are considering an appeal.

“The league does not agree with the decision,” La Liga said in a statement.

“It is studying the documentation to decide whether to appeal, against whom and before what bodies.”

An earlier statement from the RFEF read: “The decision of the Competition Committee has taken place after analysing in recent days the proposals of both clubs, who were invited to agree a date and decided on December 18.

“It has also analysed a report from the RFEF Competitions Area as well as numerous reports submitted by La Liga, which are not binding.

“At today’s meeting, the Committee also analysed the latest reports from both clubs, who maintain their initial proposal to play the match on 18 December.”

It means Barcelona, who wanted the match to go ahead as originally planned this weekend, will face a testing few weeks before Christmas.

In December, they are already scheduled to play away at Atletico Madrid, Inter Milan in the Champions League and Real Sociedad, who sit fourth in La Liga.

Real Madrid will play away at Club Brugge in the Champions League and then Valencia, just before travelling to Barca.

But both clubs swiftly settled on Wednesday, December 18 last week, hours after being instructed to agree a new date by the RFEF.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Cristiano Ronaldo Emerges First Billionaire Footballer

Published

on

Portuguese professional footballer, Cristiano Ronaldo, has emerged as the first soccer billionaire.

The 35-year-old Juventus star is the third athlete after Tiger Woods and Floyd Mayweather to hit the $1 billion earnings mark while still actively competing, according to Forbes.

Forbes via its Twitter handle said Ronaldo earned $105 million in the past year (2019), making him number 4 on the 2020 Forbes list.

Ronaldo raked in £85million last year from his wages and endorsement deals, pushing him into becoming a billionaire.

His capital for the past year was second only to tennis superstar, Roger Federer, in the athletic world and it made him the number one in the game of football.

See Tweet:

Continue Reading

Sports

BREAKING: Manchester United Agree To Extend Ighalo’s Loan Deal From Chinese Club

Published

on

Manchester United have agreed on a deal to extend Odion Ighalo’s loan until the end of January 2021, pending formal approval.

Ighalo initially joined Manchester United in a Deadline Day move from Shanghai Shenhua in January and scored four times in eight appearances in all competitions prior to the suspension of the Premier League.

According to Skysports, his current deal at Shenhua runs out in December 2022 and he will be expected to sign a contract offer until the end of 2024 worth £400,000 a week.

Similarly, Ighalo’s agent has confirmed the forward is set to extend his stay at Manchester United for another seven months.

He will now miss the majority of the 2020 Chinese Super League season, which is scheduled to begin in June.

Shanghai’s original stance was that they would only agree to extend his loan if an obligation to buy was incorporated into the deal, with Ighalo likely to cost upwards of £20m.

However, with border restrictions potentially preventing Ighalo from returning to China in time for the new season, Ighalo’s parent club have softened their stance and have allowed him to extend his stay at Old Trafford.

Additionally, Ighalo made a personal request to his parent club to extend his time at United, with the boyhood fan keen to finish what he started after netting four goals in eight appearances since joining on deadline day.

Continue Reading

Sports

Chelsea Reportedly In Talks With Leicester Over Nigeria’s Wilfred Ndidi

Published

on

Wilfred Ndidi

Highly rated Nigerian international, Winifred Ndidi, is said to be a possible replacement for Jorginho, who is believed to be linked with a move to Juventus.

Ndidi who joined Leicester from Belgian side, Genk, in 2017, has been in superb form for the foxes attracting interest from the likes of Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.

Mundodeportivo.com reports that Chelsea could need a defensive midfielder as Jorginho could be heading to Juventus to reunite with former boss Maurizio Sari, although Frank Lampard insists that the Italian is not for sale.

The 23-year old is valued at 40 million Euros by Leicester city and has a contract til 2024

Continue Reading
Advertisement

HOTTEST TOPICS