Connect with us

Metro

Serial Killer, David West, Makes U-Turn, Pleads Not Guilty

Published

on

David West

Suspected serial killer, Gracious David West, alleged to have killed more than a dozen of Women in different hotels in Rivers State and others, has made a u-turn and pleaded not guilty to the 10-count murder charge levelled against him.

West earlier pleaded guilty to nine of the 10-count charge levelled against him.

Similarly, a new suspect, Mrs. Thankgod Nimi, Manager of one of the Hotels at Bende Street in Old Port Harcourt Township also pleaded not guilty to a two-count charge of disrespect to the corpse of one of the female victims who died in her hotel.

The manager was accused of dumping the corpse of one of the alleged Gracious David West’s victims in an open dustbin along Aggrey road in Port Harcourt instead of reporting to the police.

After their pleas were taken, the presiding Judge, Justice Adolphus Enebeli granted her bail in the sum of N500,000 with a verifiable sureties.

The Attorney-General and Commissioner for Justice in Rivers, Dr Zaccheus Adango had last week announced appearance for the State, signalling the takeover of the prosecution of the celebrated case from the police.

The Attorney General’s also amended charges for the self-confessed serial killer, David West..

The arraignment of Nimi alongside David West was based on the fresh charges supplied by the police.

During the appearance of the suspected serial killer on October 22, the state government announced the taking over of the prosecution.

In suit number PHC/3426/CR/2019, a case between the accused person and the Inspector General of Police, West was arraigned on 10-count charge bordering on conspiracy and murder.

West was alleged to have unlawfully killed several women in different hotels and guest houses in parts of Rivers State, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 319 sub 1, Cap 37. Volume 2 laws of Rivers State, 1999.

West, however, pleaded for forgiveness, after pleading guilty to nine counts out of 10 charges preferred against him by the police.

He pleaded not guilty to the last charge bordering on killing of one of the young ladies in a hotel around Bende Street in Port Harcourt, stating that he only tied the lady’s hands and legs and left her on the bed.

After West had taken his plea, the state government, through Adangor, applied to take over the prosecution of the matter, which was not opposed by the parties.

The trail judge, Justice Adolphus Enebeli, granted the application of the state government to take over the matter, expressing readiness to give accelerated hearing of the case.

He adjourned till November 18, 21, 27, 29 and December 4, for hearing and remanded the suspect in prison.

West had told the court that he preferred to tell the truth so that he could be pardoned, saying that he committed the crimes unconsciously.

He alleged that the police were in possession of his N60,000, necklace and wristwatch, urging the court to compel the operatives to release them to him.

Metro

WHO Reacts To TB Joshua’s Healing Of A COVID-19 Patient

Published

on

Days after video of a Cameroonian medical doctor identified as Kameni Pierre claiming to have been healed of Coronavirus by Prophet TB Joshua via his church channel, Emmanuel TV went viral, the World Health Organization (WHO) has reacted to a viral video.

Kameni Pierre, a gynecologist, and obstetrician disclosed that he got infected with Coronavirus and received his healing after he called in for prayers during an interactive programme on Emmanuel TV from the isolation center he was placed in.

According to Pierre, he displayed his result and ‘vomited out’ the disease while receiving prayers from the Nigerian Pastor.

Speaking on the matter after he was questioned about the spiritual healing by Cameroonian journalist, Simon Ateba during an interactive media session, the WHO Director-General, Dr. Tedros Ghebreyesus said faith and science should “go together”.

Ghebreyesus said;

“We know many religious leaders who would really advise their followers to follow their faith and at the same time use science. The two do not contradict; they go together… We will call on all religious leaders to be in this fight and save lives.”

WHO Executive Director of Health Emergencies, Dr Michael Ryan on his own part expressed the readiness of the international health agency to collaborate with bodies like The Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) to advance the fight against Coronavirus.

He said;

“Certainly, spiritual leadership is very important in a time like this.”

Continue Reading

Metro

Chinese Couple In Abuja Lock Up 8 Nigerian Employees For Four Months In Their Apartment

Published

on

Chinese couple in Abuja have been arrested by the Police for allegedly locking up eight of their Nigerian employees in their apartment for the past four months.

Following a tip off by a resident, who reported the incident to the Human Rights radio station. eight domestic workers were rescued by personnel of the Utako Divisional Police Station on Tuesday.

The apartment of the Chinese couple was raided and they and the domestic staff were taken to the station.

Narrating their ordeal in the hands of the Chinese couple, a lady said;

“When I was seriously sick, I asked these people (Chinese employers) to open the gate for me, but they refused until I became very angry before they opened the door. I know my life may be at risk but I don’t mind, let the world know what is happening.

“They told us that if someone was going out, he could help buy something for us, but when this man (referring to a colleague) went out to buy sachet water, they deducted his salary. What do they want us to do?

“We had to stay in the room and talk to people through the windows. They didn’t give us food; apart from the salary, they didn’t give us anything; they even cut our salaries.”

The spokesman, Federal Capital Territory Police Command, DSP Anjuguri Manzah, confirmed the incident, noting that investigation had commenced.

He said the Chinese couple had been released on bail.

Continue Reading

Metro

Nigerian Woman Welcomes Baby After 31 Years Of Waiting [PHOTOS]

Published

on

A Nigerian woman recently welcomed her first child after 31 years of waiting to be blessed with the fruit of the womb, and enduring her husband’s’mood swings.

Her stepdaughter identified on Facebook as Seember Atsenda, took to the platform to share the good news with friends, while praising her for being the strongest woman on Earth.

In her words;

“My Step-Mom is the strongest woman on earth I know,after 31years of being patient with God and loving humanity,training other women’s children and taking her husbands mood swings 😢😢,the lord has answered us by making me a big sister to the cutest and most beautiful baby girl in the whole world 🌎

I have never being so in love with any human the way I feel about this little human,she makes me cry when she cries.Ladies and gentlemen meet IWANGER I TER,the light of my Parents entire life ❤️❤️God’s time is always perfect the devil 👿 can only delay the blessings,thirty-one years(31years of waiting on the Lord)🙏🙏🙏”

See her post below;

Continue Reading
Advertisement

HOTTEST TOPICS