Connect with us

Metro

‘FG Behind Plan To Probe Air Peace Chairman Allen Onyema’

Published

on

Allen Onyema

The Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has accused the Federal Government of Nigeria of being behind the plan to probe Air Peace Chief Executive, Allen Onyema by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

MASSOB also said the probe was not only a witch-hunt against the Air Peace boss, but a persecution against the Igbo race.

Leader of the movement, Chief Ralph Uwazuruike told journalists on Tuesday, while reacting to plan by EFCC to open a probe against Onyema, and the recent call by President Muhammadu Buhari’s Special Assistant on Social Media, Loretta Onochie asking Onyema to face his charges in the USA.

Uwazuruike said that Onochie spoke the mind of the presidency, but warned that Igbos will rise against any plan to humiliate Onyema.

“There are lots of prominent people in this country whom the civil society organisations have even petitioned the EFCC against over alleged money laundering and the commission has not probed them” he said.

Uwazuruike, who is also the leader of the Biafran Independent Movement (BIM), alleged that the probe was masterminded by federal government, but added that it will be heavily resisted by Igbos.

It would be recalled that the EFCC last Saturday set of a special panel to probe the allegation of $44.9 million wire fraud and money laundering against Onyema.

But Uwazuruike insisted that the allegation of fraud against the Air Peace boss was a calculated attempt to continue the alleged persecution of the Igbo race.

He said “I am an Igbo and it is my responsibility to defend Igbos which Onyema is one of them and I tell you that I have all is takes to resist FG from persecuting my people.

“We have been pushed to the wall by the federal government and Onyema’s case will prove a point, so he should not be intimidated and must remain firm”, he said.

Metro

2-Year-Old Girl ‘Raped While In Coronavirus Isolation Ward’

Published

on

Rape

A two-year-old girl was allegedly raped while in a Coronavirus isolation ward at a hospital in South Africa.

The alleged incident happened at the Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital in Pretoria.

The toddler’s aunt, who chose to remain anonymous to protect the identity of the child, said that the girl was sexually abused while admitted at the hospital

She said the hospital told to the child’s mother that her daughter needed to be placed on an isolation ward after she developed symptoms of Covid-19. After the mother went home, she was contacted later that evening and told the child was crying and appeared to be in serious pain.

The aunt said that after the child had been picked up from the hospital, she appeared to be struggling to walk.

After the mother closely inspected her child she discovered that there had been ‘penetration’, according to the aunt.

Narrating the ordeal, the aunt told News24: ‘The mother and child were referred to the George Mukhari Hospital by the KT Motubatse clinic in Soshanguve on June 15,’ told News24.

‘The nurses at the clinic said since the child was struggling to breathe, she should be taken to George Mukhari Hospital to be tested for coronavirus.

‘The hospital called in the evening and told the mother that the child was crying and in pain. They later called around 11pm and said the child was now sleeping. The hospital staff called again in the morning and told my sister to come and pick up her child because she had been discharged. The hospital said the child had tested negative for Covid-19.’

‘I saw that there was something wrong with the child. As the mother was changing the nappy, she discovered some white fluid on her private parts.

‘She initially thought it was medication as the child had been in hospital. But the following day, that same whitish fluid was still coming out,’ the aunt told local media.

The girl was taken back to the hospital where a nurse reportedly confirmed that there was an indication that the child had been raped at the isolation ward.

Provincial police spokesperson Brigadier Mathapelo Peters told News24 that a rape case has been opened, with the hospital also conducting its own investigation into the incident.

Continue Reading

Metro

Ikoku 4: Police Dismiss Officers Who Tortured Port Harcourt Mechanic To Death

Published

on

Port Harcourt mechanic, Chima Ikwunado who was tortured to death by police officers, has gotten justice.

The officers from the Eagle Crack Squad who tortured the mechanic to death in December 2019 and unlawfully inflicted various degrees of injuries on Ifeanyi Onyekwere, Ogbonna Victor, Ifeanyi Osuji and Osaze Friday have been dismissed by the Rivers State Police Command.

They were charged to court today (Tuesday) for conspiracy and murder, among other charges.

The female police officer, who allegedly fiddled with the private part of late Chima Ikwunado during torture at E-crack Squad cell in Mile One Police Station, is known as Sargent Rose. She used offensive (sharp object) to mutilate the penis of late Chima.

Inspector Ayogu, Fidelis, Inspector Enyina Samuel, Inspector Tope, Inspector Uche, Sergeant Ake Chibuzor and Sergeant Philip Obi are all answering to charges for the murder of late Chima. One Inspector Sam literally drove nail dipped into liquid substance into the hands of Chima.

Chima and his apprentices, Victor Ogbonna, Osaze Friday, Ifeanyi Osuji and Ifeanyi Onyekwere were arrested for driving against traffic and tortured at Mile 1 Police Station by SP Benson Adetuyi.

At the point of arrest, the policemen took N93,000 found on Chima and remanded him on allegations of car theft.

In detention, he alongside others were tortured in the most brutal manner in spite a confirmation by owner of the vehicle that the car had not been stolen and that Chima was his mechanic only taking the car for a test run after routine repair.

The owner of the vehicle was then coerced into stating that the car was indeed stolen to which he refused until he involved a senior officer in the Nigerian Air Force, who proved that he was the owner of the car.

A day after the car owner was let go, the men were charged to court on allegations of robbery and cult violence.

The police in a bid to cover up Chima’s killing as a result of torture, declared him to be ‘at large’.

Chima is survived by a five-month pregnant wife.

Continue Reading

Metro

VIDEO: “My Wife Believed In Me When I Had Nothing, That’s Why She Owns Part Of Coscharis Group” —⁠ Billionaire Businessman, Cosmos Maduka

Published

on

Nigerian billionaire businessman and philanthropist, Cosmos Maduka, who is the Chairman of Coscharis Group, has revealed why his wife, Mrs. Charity N. Maduka owns part of the company.

Mrs. Charity N. Maduka is the Vice – President of the Coscharis Group since its inception as the co – owner of the conglomerate.

In a recent interview with Plus TV Africa, Cosmos Maduka spoke about the impact his wife had in the early days of his career.

According to him, when he met her, he was poor and had nothing, he said his pocket was empty but his faith was full at that time.

Cosmos Maduka revealed that the parents of Mrs. Charity N. Maduka belonged to the upper class at that time, and believed she was insane for wanting to marry him.

Despite all the hurdles, she stuck with him and the pair married.

This is the reason today, she is owns a part of the company, and has free access to the finances of the company.

Watch him speak below;

Continue Reading
Advertisement

HOTTEST TOPICS