The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, has asked candidates to be wary of fake admissions in circulation, saying admission given to them not through its Central Admissions Processing System, CAPS, were fake.
The board, in its weekly bulletin, released to the media by its Head of Media, Dr Fabian Benjamin, insisted that any offer of admission that was not validated on their profile page with JAMB or offered through the CAPS was invalid.
It alerted of clandestine moves being made by three public universities to convince innocent and more qualified candidates from their preferred programmes into accepting other programmes being offered by them.
It, however, did not mention the three universities even as it warned candidates against falling to the deception.
The board noted that such admission offers were illegal and would not be recognised by the board.
It said any candidate who accepts such offer of admission does so at his or her own risk as there will be no regularisation of any irregular or condonment of illegal admission.
The board noted that appropriate caution had been given to these universities which are to promptly withdraw and desist from such illegitimate action.
It added that any such act will henceforth be visited with appropriate sanctions.
“In order to circumvent the rights of candidates, the institutions are now using their own portals to unlawfully persuade and pressurise candidates to accept another course and then make a change of course on the JAMB portal to the new course supposedly offered on their own portal.
“These tricks are improper and should be disregarded by the candidates. All institutions employing such tricks are putting into jeopardy the future of the illegitimately favoured less qualified candidates as the board will not condone or regularise such irregular admission.
“Any candidate who accepts such offer of admission, made outside CAPS, does so at his or her own risk.
“There shall be no regularisation of any irregular or condonment of illegal admission.
“Appropriate caution has been given to these universities to withdraw and desist from such illegitimate action. Any such act will henceforth be visited with appropriate sanctions,”it said.
PHOTOS: Church Of Satan Demolished In Abia, Founder Arrested
The Assemblies of Light Bearer Greater Church of Lucifer popularly known as Church of Satan in Ohafia, Abia State has been destroyed by youths of the community.
It was alleged that the founder of the church identified as Ifekwe Udo a.k.a Lucifer or Fada-Fada became popular in the past quarter of the decade, for his visible effort in providing employment opportunities for the jobless youths of the community. He gave the jobless youth motorcycles on hire purchase and also opened up a brothel in the community.
Ifenkwe was reportedly arrested for ”violating the lockdown order, child trafficking and terrorizing the community.”
Here are photos of youths destroying some statues in his church below;
N168bn Fraud: Hushpuppi Hires Top Chicago Criminal Lawyer
Ramon Abbas, the Dubai-based Nigerian arrested last month for alleged Internet fraud, has secured the service of a top criminal defence attorney in Chicago.
Court documents seen by PREMIUM TIMES showed Mr Abbas on Monday retained Gal Pissetzky, a senior partner at Chicago law firm Pissetzky & Berliner, to help extricate him from multi-million dollar fraud charges levelled against him by American authorities.
Mr Abbas, an Instagram sensation widely known as Hushpuppi, was arrested alongside dozens of his alleged co-conspirators following an overnight raid of his apartments in Dubai on June 10. Emirati police and prosecutors said about N16 billion was found in cash out of an estimated N168 billion online scams linked to the syndicate.
Following initial tussle over his custody between Nigeria and the United States, Mr Abbas was ultimately handed over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (F.B.I.) on July 2. He arrived in the U.S. on July 3 and made an initial court appearance in Chicago.
Although American prosecutors said Mr Abbas would still be transferred to Los Angeles “in the coming weeks”, he has decided to hire a top lawyer in Chicago to guide him through the process of transfer to Los Angeles.
Mr Pissetzky made the first appearance on behalf of Mr Abbas at the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois on July 6, documents showed.
Mr Pissetzky was called to the bar in 2002 and has practiced in Chicago since 2002. His firm’s website said he has been retained in high-profile cases and also widely recognised by major American media outlets as a legal consultant on serious criminal matters.
Already, court hearings have commenced for Mr Abbas to be removed from Chicago to Los Angeles where he was indicted on June 25 and a warrant issued for his arrest.
Mr Abbas has successfully argued for an adjournment of his removal hearing from July 7 to July 13, according to court documents.
The removal process appeared to have made it difficult for Mr Abbas to enter a plea, several days after he arrived on American soil. His plea may not be taken and he may not be entitled to bail until his matter is transferred to Los Angeles for proper prosecution.
Mr Pissetzky would likely counsel Mr Abbas through the removal process in Chicago, but it was unclear whether or not he would follow the suspect to Los Angeles. The attorney was not available for comments when PREMIUM TIMES reached his office on Tuesday.
I’m Ready To Pray For COVID-19 Patients In Isolation Centres Around The World — T.B Joshua
Pastor Temitope Joshua of Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) has said that he is ready to virtually offer prayer for COVID-19 patients in isolation centres around the world.
In an announcement posted to Joshua’s YouTube channel, Emmanuel TV, the cleric called on relevant government and medical authorities to “organise those who are in isolation” and “arrange how to connect them to us on Emmanuel TV”.
“The blessing of Jesus is for those who knock and ask,” he said in the announcement, adding, “In whatever way you support to make this happen, we are a team; we are not doing more than you”.
“Together we shall pray for them. Together we shall be set free from this COVID-19,” the statement continued, quoting the Biblical reference in Luke 4:40 where Jesus healed “all who had various kinds of sickness after the mass prayer.”
“The same anointing that heals one is also able to heal all at the same time,” it concluded, calling on all interested parties to contact the church via their email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last week, the World Health Organisation reacted to a trending video in which a Cameroonian medical doctor was ‘healed’ from COVID-19 after receiving “interactive prayer” from Joshua’s ministry, acknowledging “spiritual leadership is very important in a time like this”.
His testimony was followed days later by a couple of university lecturers who equally acknowledged receiving healing from the dreaded virus, replete with medical reports before and after prayers from Emmanuel TV.
Since starting its ‘Interactive Prayer’ – in which online prayer is offered via video calls – Joshua’s ministry has prayed for COVID-19 patients from around the world including citizens of USA, South Africa, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Honduras and Cuba.
- Metro7 days ago
Student With Highest JAMB Score, Agnes Maduafokwa Receives ₦16 Million From NSE
- News6 days ago
Buhari, Hushpuppi Are In The Same Business Of Defrauding People — Aisha Yesufu
- Metro7 days ago
Dog Kills New Twin Babies After Mother Briefly Leaves The Room
- Biafra News3 days ago
We Do Not Expect Everybody To Support Biafra Agitation — Nnamdi Kanu
- Metro6 days ago
54-Year-Old Pastor Arrested For Raping 12-Year-Old Girl In Ogun
- Opinion6 days ago
‘Biafra Cannot Come Through Insults, Assaults And Shenanigans’
- Biafra News5 days ago
“Nnamdi Kanu Is My Leader” — Uche Mefor Clears Air On Alleged Rift With IPOB Leader
- Inside Nigeria4 days ago
Buhari Not Interested In Fighting Insurgency — Galadima