Connect with us

News

Sowore’s Rearrest: You Owe Nigerians An Explanation — Sagay Tells DSS

Published

on

Itse Sagay

Itse Sagay, chairman of the Presidential Advisory Committee Against Corruption (PACAC), has blasted the Department of State Services (DSS) for rearresting Omoyele Sowore, convener of RevolutionNow Movement.

Sagay said the DSS owed Nigerians an explanation for invading the premises of an Abuja Federal High Court to rearrest Sowore.

Sagay said: “I agree that the DSS (operatives) have their job. They don’t need the approval of the Presidency to do their job. So, no one should blame the Presidency for anything the DSS does. However, the re-arrest of Sowore looks bad on the surface in the sense that the man was released a day earlier, and he was in court the next day to answer the charges and he is arrested.

“I feel that Nigerians are entitled to an explanation. It’s not something you can do and keep quiet. It’s not alright. There is something wrong in that. They could have a good reason, but they should tell us what that reason is.

“They cannot be quiet about it and if they are justified, I will be the first to say yes. But they cannot do it and keep quiet and expect everybody to accept it.

Loading...

“The question I have is: the offence they are re-arresting him for, did he commit it after he was released? That is very critical. If it is something he had said before, then I don’t see any justification for his re-arrest, because he has been given bail.

“But if it is something fresh – maybe he said something after he was released that constitutes a security risk or is a danger to the country – then they should make it clear so that we are not confused.”

Advertisement
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Kelvin Agbogidi

    December 9, 2019 at 11:15 pm

    ThankGod you condemned injustice for once

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Facebook Shuts Down Nnamdi Kanu’s Page

Published

on

nnamdi kanu

The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) on Thursday said the Facebook page of its leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has been shut down.

The group’s Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, in a statement, alleged that the action was taken by Facebook Nigeria who, it said viewed the page as a platform to exposing the ills in government.

It warned that Biafra had suffered greatly as a result of denial of media space in the late 60s, saying it could not afford to allow same to continue in the 21st century.

The statement reads in part: “We can confirm that Facebook Nigeria has shut down the page of our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

“This is not unconnected with the fact that our leader’s page has become a rich resource for those determined to expose the evil regime in Nigeria and enthrone a better life for the masses.

Loading...

“We mince no words when we say that Facebook Nigeria is more corrupt that the corrupt government they are seeking to protect.

“Biafra suffered immeasurably as a result of denial of media space in the late 60s a situation we are not prepared to allow in this 21st century.”

Continue Reading

News

Amotekun: Osinbajo, South West Governors In Closed-Door Meeting

Published

on

Yemi Osinbajo

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo is currently meeting with South-west governors in his office in Abuja.

The details of the meeting have not yet been made public. However, a source said the meeting would focus on the newly-formed South-west security outfit, Amotekun.

The federal government has declared the outfit, set up in December to combat rampant insecurity in the region, illegal. The announcement was made by the Attorney General and Minister for Justice, Abubakar Malami.

The declaration has been greeted with disapproval among groups and across southern Western part of the nation

Mr Malami and the Inspector General of the Police, Mohammed Abubakar, are attending the meeting.

Loading...

Mr Osinbajo had earlier on Thursday chaired a meeting of the National Economic Council, which has all governors and some ministers and top government officials as members.

Continue Reading

News

Armed Robbers Invade MTN Office In Kebbi

Published

on

MTN

The Kebbi Police Command has confirmed the invasion of MTN office in Tudun Wada area of Birnin Kebbi by three armed robbers on Wednesday.

The Command Public Relations Officer, DSP Nafi’u Abubakar, confirmed the incident to newsmen in Birnin Kebbi on Thursday.

“Yes, the robbery took place and investigation has since begun,” he said.

Earlier, Alhaji Ibrahim Dasuki, the MTN Manager in the state told NAN that the robbers stormed the shop around 2.pm on Wednesday and took away about N4.5 million.

“The armed robbers carried out the operation in less than five minutes when they stormed our office at around 2 pm, and carted away nothing less than N4.5 million , ” he said.

Loading...

He explained that the three masked armed robbers arrived the office in a Toyota saloon car with Bauchi state number plate.

“On arrival, the robbers, armed with AK 47 ordered all the people outside the office to lay down while wielding their guns.”

He said that one of the robbers was left outside holding those laying down hostage at gun point.

Dasuki explained that the remaining two shot into the air immediately after they gained entry into the office and demanded for money.

He added that the robbers must have trailed one of the staff members from a bank, where he withdrew money for office transactions.

“As soon as they got into the office, they demanded for the money by asking where is the money, where is the money?

“They carted away the money in less than five minutes’ operation; they stole over N4.5 million,” the manager said.

NAN

Continue Reading
Advertisement