Connect with us

News

Armed Robbers Invade MTN Office In Kebbi

Published

on

MTN

The Kebbi Police Command has confirmed the invasion of MTN office in Tudun Wada area of Birnin Kebbi by three armed robbers on Wednesday.

The Command Public Relations Officer, DSP Nafi’u Abubakar, confirmed the incident to newsmen in Birnin Kebbi on Thursday.

“Yes, the robbery took place and investigation has since begun,” he said.

Earlier, Alhaji Ibrahim Dasuki, the MTN Manager in the state told NAN that the robbers stormed the shop around 2.pm on Wednesday and took away about N4.5 million.

“The armed robbers carried out the operation in less than five minutes when they stormed our office at around 2 pm, and carted away nothing less than N4.5 million , ” he said.

Loading...

He explained that the three masked armed robbers arrived the office in a Toyota saloon car with Bauchi state number plate.

“On arrival, the robbers, armed with AK 47 ordered all the people outside the office to lay down while wielding their guns.”

He said that one of the robbers was left outside holding those laying down hostage at gun point.

Dasuki explained that the remaining two shot into the air immediately after they gained entry into the office and demanded for money.

He added that the robbers must have trailed one of the staff members from a bank, where he withdrew money for office transactions.

“As soon as they got into the office, they demanded for the money by asking where is the money, where is the money?

“They carted away the money in less than five minutes’ operation; they stole over N4.5 million,” the manager said.

NAN

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Why We’re Rehabilitating And Reintegrating Ex-Boko Haram Members — Borno Commissioner

Published

on

Borno state commissioner for women affairs, Zuwaira Gambo has revealed why they are rehabilitating people considered as repentant Boko Haram members after their arrest.

Speaking at a forum on preventing and countering violent extremism organised by Search for Common Ground (SFCG) in partnership with UN Women and the government of Japan in Abuja over the weekend, Gambo admitted that the term “repentant Boko Haram terrorists” gives wrong signals to members of the public especially victims of terrorism.

The commissioner who stated that the de-radicalisation and reintegration of Boko Haram members have been misunderstood by the public as a result of a communication gap between the government and citizens, averred that some of the arrested terrorists were at the wrong place at the wrong time and were also forced to join the terrorist group.

She said, “Some of the persons reintegrated are victims who had no part to play but were arrested in the course of security checks by the military as they were caught at the wrong time in a wrong place.

“Because they have spent time in detention between two to five years, there is need for rehabilitation, counselling and socio- psychological support.

Loading...

“We are not saying that there are not some people who have partaken in destruction of lives and properties but these people are in the minority and you also have to understand that these set of people joined involuntarily as they are forced to do so.”

Continue Reading

News

BREAKING: No Comment On Boko Haram Threat To My Life — Pantami

Published

on

The Minister of Communication and Digital Economy Dr Isa Ibrahim Pantami on Monday declined to comment on the threat to his life by Boko Haram /ISWAP leader , Abubakar Shekau.

Shekau, in a viral video, had threatened President Muhammadu Buhari for visiting Maiduguri , Borno state last week following the killings of over 30 people by Boko Haram terrorists.

He also threatened Pantami for his stance on sim card registrations and measures being taken by government to clean up unregistered or pre- registered SIM cards within the system.

When accosted by newsmen at the Government Secondary School , Garki , Abuja where he delivered a lecture on digital mentoring , the Minister said he had “no comments for now” on the threat to his life by the leader of the insurgent group.

Loading...
Continue Reading

News

Agba Jalingo Regains Freedom After 6 Months In Detention

Published

on

Six months after he was detained, Publisher of Cross River Watch, Agba Jalingo, has been released from prison custody.

He was released after meeting his bail condition.

Jalingo, who was detained for allegedly writing articles criticizing Cross Rivers Governor Ben Ayade, was granted a N10m bail term last week.

He was first arrested by the police in August 2019 on the orders of the Ben Ayade-led Cross River State Government.

He was subsequently arraigned for treason and attempting to overthrow the state government due to the highly critical articles he published.

Loading...

Due to his long detention, Amnesty International had declared the activist as a prisoner of conscience.

Last week there were a series of protests staged in Cross River over his detention.

Continue Reading
Advertisement