Connect with us

Inside Nigeria

BREAKING: Buhari Returns To Abuja After London Trip

Published

on

The President Muhammadu Buhari has returned to Abuja after participating at the United Kingdom Africa Investment Summit in London.

Details later…

Inside Nigeria

BREAKING: Nigeria Records Five New COVID-19 Cases, Total Now 214

Published

on

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has reported five new cases of coronavirus in the country, taking the total number of infections to 214.

According to NCDC, “Five new cases of #COVID19 have been reported in Nigeria: three in Bauchi and two in the FCT, Abuja.

As at 10:10 pm 4th April there are 214 confirmed cases of #COVID19 reported in Nigeria. Twenty-five have been discharged with two deaths”

Continue Reading

Inside Nigeria

NCDC Makes Error, Puts Confirmed COVID-19 Cases At 209

Published

on

The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control on Saturday said it had made an error in its reporting of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the country.

“On 3rd of April 2020, we reported 26 new cases of #COVID19 in Nigeria,” the NCDC said in a tweet. “An error has been discovered in this report as follows:

“There were 25 new cases of #COVID19 in Nigeria. The 26th case was a repeat result of a previously confirmed case and NOT a new case.

“Of the 25 new cases reported, 1 case was inadvertently reported from Osun state. This case was from OYO STATE The correct breakdown is as follows: Lagos- 11 Osun- 6 FCT- 3 Edo- 3 Ondo- 1 Oyo- 1.”

According to the health agency, as at 10:30pm on April 3, there were 209 confirmed cases, four deaths, and 25 recoveries.

“We regret the error in our announcement of new #COVID19 cases in Nigeria yesterday,” the agency said.

“The NCDC remains committed to ensuring transparency and accurate reporting of infectious disease cases in Nigeria.”

Continue Reading

Inside Nigeria

Lockdown Will Be Extended If Nigerians Don’t Behave Themselves — Lai Mohammed

Published

on

lai mohammed

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, has stated that the lockdown currently experienced in some parts of the country may be extended if Nigerians don’t behave themselves.

The minister, who is a member of the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, disclosed this in Abuja when he featured in a forum to give an update on government efforts at containing the pandemic, NAN reports.

He said,

“If we don’t behave ourselves, there is a likelihood that the lockdown will be extended, but if we behave ourselves, there might not be an extension and I hope we do so.

“If we stay at home for two weeks and we are doing everything we are supposed to do, we should be able to effectively contain the disease.

“Therefore, my appeal to Nigerians is that they should obey the directive on social distancing, personal hygiene and shun gatherings; after two weeks, we will resume our normal life.

“But if they think it is a joke, then we may have to stay at home more than the two weeks.”

There are 210 COVID-19 cases in Nigeria including four deaths.

The pandemic, which has infected about one million people globally, has paralysed economic and socio-religious activities in most parts of the West African country.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

HOTTEST TOPICS