Connect with us

News

Rivers Executive Council Approves Sale Of Abandoned Stock Exchange Building

Published

on

Wike

Rivers State Executive Council on Sunday Evening approved the public sale of the abandoned 17- Storey Stock Exchange Building near Federal Road Safety Corps office on Aba Road, Port Harcourt.

The State Executive Council meeting presided over by Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike reached the decision following reports that criminal elements have taken over the facility acquired by the Rivers State Government.

Addressing journalists on Sunday, Rivers State Information and Communication Commissioner, Paulinus Nsirim said the Rivers State Government decided to acquire the building because construction work on the was abandoned in 2012 due to lack of fund.

He said the structure has become a hideout for criminals in that part of the state capital.

Nsirim said the Rivers State Executive Council approved that the 17 storey building which has provision for four lifts be placed on public sale.

He informed that council also approved that advertisements be placed in the media to invite buyers.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

JUST IN: Enugu Commissioner For Health Is Dead

Published

on

Amidst the COVID -19 panic in the country, the Enugu State commissioner for Health Professor Anthony Ugochukwu has been reportedly dead.

The renowned surgeon was said to have died Friday night at a leading private hospital, Memphys Hospital Enugu.

The development was confirmed by the House member representing his constituency, Oji River state Constituency in the Enugu House of Assembly Hon. Jeff Mbah.

Mbah described the late Surgeon as a Genius, Technocrat; “he is a great loss to both Enugu state and Nigeria.

“We are talking about a renowned Professor of Surgeon who has a lot to offer in turning around out health sector. Its a terrible blow.”

He disclosed that the commissioner just came back from the United States and was doing fine before the sudden relapse.

Professor Anthony Ugochukwu has been sick from his days as Provost College of Medicine.

He later recovered and concluded his work in the College.

However, shortly after he was appointed commissioner last year, the sickness returned, this time more severe.

All these while with the emergence of the coronavirus pandemic, the commissioner has been out of circulation.

His duties were being carried out by the permanent secretary in the ministry of health, Dr Ifeanyi Agujiobi.

Continue Reading

News

8 Weeks Old Baby Recovers From COVID-19 In Nigeria

Published

on

Great news as a Nigerian mother and her eight weeks old baby have defeated the dreaded coronavirus after making full recovery from the virus that has killed millions of people around the world.

Recall that a fortnight ago, Lagos State Government announced that they had confirmed four cases of the Coronavirus. Out of these four confirmed cases, were a mother and her six weeks old baby that came back from the United States on Friday, 13th of March, 2020 via Virgin Atlantic airlines.

The news was one that caught the attention of Nigerian as they were very particular about the little baby that was infected with the Coronavirus. Immediately after they were confirmed positive, they got admitted into the Infectious Disease Hospital at Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria.

After about two weeks of treatment, the baby and the mother have now recovered and have since been discharged from the hospital. Of course, this is remarkable and amazing.

In other news, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control on its official Twitter page has revealed that the Nigeria’s death toll has increased to four as two new deaths resulting from Coronavirus have been recorded in Nigeria – one in Lagos and the other in Edo state.

Continue Reading

News

Father Reveals His Entire Family Including 11 Children Have Caught COVID-19

Published

on

An entire Spanish family including eleven children have contracted the Coronavirus.

The Cebrian Gervas family from Valladolid in north-west Spain have all been forced to go under strict isolation in their home after every single one of them was diagnosed with the virus.

Mother, Irene Gervas was the first family to test positive for COVID-19, before her husband, Jose Maria Cebrian and their eleven children, Carmen (15), Fernando (14), Luiz (12), Juan Pablo (11), twins Miguel and Manuel (10), Alvaro (8), Irene (5), Alicia (4), Helena (3), and Jose Maria (1) were all diagnosed with the disease.

Father Jose Maria Cebrian told local media: ‘The children fell one by one. Some of them got over it better and some of them a bit worse. As the virus takes five or six days to show up when you feel bad you start to recall and then you think ‘ok!”

‘In our case, they (the children) are sick one day, they have a headache, they vomit and after vomiting, they feel better. The day after they don’t even remember.’

Since testing positive on March 14, the family is under a strict lockdown as they could infect others due to the high number of family members under the same roof.

Cebrian added: ‘The doctor told us that we will have to stay at least two more weeks on an absolute lockdown because of the viral load that we have. If we go out and take it out we could start a source in Valladolid.

According to him, their son is only allowed to go out to the pharmacy so long as he wears a face mask and gloves.

Cebrian also said: ‘He is the only one who goes out a bit. I take out the rubbish and he is the messenger. When we get our groceries delivered they leave it in the garage and my son goes down to pick it up.

The children are reportedly being home schooled using laptops, tablets and mobile phones.

Jose Maria said: ‘It is important they do not have the feeling that this is chaos, so they have classes from Monday to Friday.’

The country has recorded more than 117,000 coronavirus cases and nearly 11,000 deaths.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

HOTTEST TOPICS