Connect with us


Footballer Sent Off For Displaying “Jesus Loves You” After Scoring



A Ghanaian midfielder identified as Samuel Asamoah who plies his trade in the Belgian league has been handed a red card for displaying his religious beliefs to supporters after scoring a goal during a football match.

Asamoah was red-carded after receiving a second yellow card in St. Truiden’s 5-2 victory over Eupen on Saturday, February 8, 2020.

The 25-year-old showed off his striking prowess as his goals propelled his club to come from behind to record a massive victory.

The midfielder scored his first in the 42nd minute and added another in the 45th minute, before completing his hat-trick in the 63rd minute.


However, Asamoah did not complete the game, as he received his marching orders in the second half for partially taking off his shirt.

Asamoah had received his first booking in the 53rd minute and was sent off 12 minutes later after scoring and partially pulling off his shirt to display the message “Jesus loves you.”

Speaking in the aftermath of the game, the midfielder said scoring a hat-trick made him so emotional.

“Of course I knew that I was not allowed to do that. It was from sheer emotion that I did it. I am especially happy for our team and staff that we are playing such a good game and getting the three points,” he said.

“I can’t remember when I scored three more times. It must have been a long time ago. I like it. It is a shame that I will have to miss next week’s game, but I have every confidence in our team.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Man Utd Spank Chelsea 2-0 In Heartbreaking Game



Manchester United Monday night claimed a two-nil victory over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

The first meaningful moment of the game occurred not in either goalmouth, but in the middle of the park when Blues midfield general N’Golo Kante picked up an off-the-ball injury.

Despite receiving treatment, the French international could not continue and limped off the field to be replaced by Mason Mount after just 10 minutes.

The game burst into life in the 21st minute when Man Utd centre-half Harry Maguire appeared lucky to escape punishment after kicking out into the groin area of Michy Batshuayi.

The scene was reminiscent of the incident that saw Tottenham’s Son Heung-min given a VAR-assisted red card in December – also versus Chelsea – but no card was forthcoming.


The deadlock was finally broken on the stroke of half-time through Anthony Martial.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka marauded forward down the right flank and did well to create half a yard of space despite the close attentions of Willian.

His whipped delivery was met superbly by Frenchman Martial who guided his header inside the far post to put the Red Devils in front 1-0.

Michy Batshuayi had a chance to level the scores in added time, but his low drive from an acute angle never troubled David De Gea’s net as it flashes across the face of goal.

Chelsea thought they had found the equaliser in the 55th minute but VAR overruled a Kurt Zouma header after Cesar Azpilicueta was adjudged to have pushed Brandon Williams in the back moments prior.

Utd’s lead was almost doubled just after the hour mark when Bruno Fernandes rattled the base of the post direct from a free-kick.

Just 90 seconds later, the second goal did come after Maguire connected sweetly with a corner to head Utd into a two-goal lead.

Chelsea thought they’d pulled one back with what would’ve been the game’s third headed goal, but Olivier Giroud was ruled by VAR to have been marginally offside.

Mason Mount crashed a free-kick against the post in a carbon copy of the Fernandes chance earlier, but it wasn’t to be Chelsea’s night with Man Utd eventually running out 2-0 winners.


Continue Reading


Arsenal Thrash Newcastle In Second-Half Impressive Display To Earn Second Arteta Win



Arsenal produced a fine second-half display to earn a deserved second victory under Mikel Arteta, running out 3-0 winners at the Emirates stadium.

Arsenal took a while to get going in the first half, with Newcastle enjoying time and space on the ball with the pace of Allan Saint-Maximin and Miguel Almiron a constant threat on the break.

And Joelinton could have given his side the lead but put a clear-cut chance wide of the post.

But the Gunners started to warm up on the half-hour mark with Mesut Ozil starting to find his passing range from the centre of midfield.

And it was the German playmaker who found Eddie Nketiah – who was making his first Premier League start – on the edge of the box, with the Arsenal youngster forcing a smart save from Martin Dubravka.


Nicolas Pepe then drew another save from Dubravka, who tipped the winger’s long-range free-kick over the bar.

Saint-Maximin could have given the visitors the lead at the break as he powered past a laboured Arsenal defence but couldn’t get his shot on target from a tight angle.

Mikel Arteta’s side came out a different team in the second period, pushing for the opening goal, and Nketiah saw his shot clip the bar after fine combination play between Dani Ceballos and Nicolas Pepe.

And Arsenal did get the breakthrough soon after, with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang directing a wonderful header into the far corner from a floated Pepe cross.

Provider turned scorer seconds later as Arsenal’s record signing tucked away Saka’s cross after the Arsenal academy product’s audacious nutmeg on Valentino Lazaro.

Saint-Maximin hit the post on the break for Newcastle, but the visitors ran out of steam in the second half.

Mesut Ozil then scored his first goal for 10 months, as his poked shot somehow made it past Dubravka, who fluffed his lines.

And Alexandre Lacazette then came off the bench to score his first goal in nine games to put the icing on the cake for Arteta’s side.

Continue Reading


BREAKING: Man City Handed 2 Years Champions League Ban



Manchester City have been banned from European competitions for the next two seasons for “serious financial fair-play breaches”, UEFA announced on Friday.

The English champions were also fined 30 million euros ($32.5 million), but can appeal the decision of UEFA’s adjudicatory chamber to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

More details shortly

Continue Reading