Connect with us


Ighalo Banned From Man Utd Training Ground Over Fears Of Coronavirus



Odion Ighalo has been banned from Manchester United’s training ground over fears of a potential coronavirus risk.

Recall the Nigerian international traveled from China, though not from Wuhan where the virus originated, to the UK to seal his move from Chinese club Shanghai Shenhua until the end of the season.

The former Watford striker who has been working with a personal trainer at a separate location in Manchester was instructed to train away from United’s AON Training Complex for health and safety issues.

The 30-year-old did not also travel with the United squad to a warm-weather training camp in Spain, which was down to concerns border restrictions as it would have affected his re-entry to the UK from Spain.

According to Mirror, United decided to take the precautionary decision to make Ighalo train away from the club’s Carrington base over his mandated 14-day incubation period.


Explaining Ighalo’s absence from the warm-weather training camp, Solskjaer said:

“Odion will stay in Manchester, because since he has come from China in the last 14 days, the news of the virus there means we’re not sure if he’s going to be allowed back into England if he leaves the country again.

“So he’s staying here working with a personal coach on an individual programme and his family then can settle in England as well. That’s a plus.

“Of course, he might have liked to have come with the players and got to know them, but we don’t want to take that risk [of potential border restrictions tightening].”

The United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has already confirmed that Ighalo will travel with the squad to Stamford Bridge and is expected to make his debut against Chelsea next week.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Man Utd Spank Chelsea 2-0 In Heartbreaking Game



Manchester United Monday night claimed a two-nil victory over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

The first meaningful moment of the game occurred not in either goalmouth, but in the middle of the park when Blues midfield general N’Golo Kante picked up an off-the-ball injury.

Despite receiving treatment, the French international could not continue and limped off the field to be replaced by Mason Mount after just 10 minutes.

The game burst into life in the 21st minute when Man Utd centre-half Harry Maguire appeared lucky to escape punishment after kicking out into the groin area of Michy Batshuayi.

The scene was reminiscent of the incident that saw Tottenham’s Son Heung-min given a VAR-assisted red card in December – also versus Chelsea – but no card was forthcoming.


The deadlock was finally broken on the stroke of half-time through Anthony Martial.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka marauded forward down the right flank and did well to create half a yard of space despite the close attentions of Willian.

His whipped delivery was met superbly by Frenchman Martial who guided his header inside the far post to put the Red Devils in front 1-0.

Michy Batshuayi had a chance to level the scores in added time, but his low drive from an acute angle never troubled David De Gea’s net as it flashes across the face of goal.

Chelsea thought they had found the equaliser in the 55th minute but VAR overruled a Kurt Zouma header after Cesar Azpilicueta was adjudged to have pushed Brandon Williams in the back moments prior.

Utd’s lead was almost doubled just after the hour mark when Bruno Fernandes rattled the base of the post direct from a free-kick.

Just 90 seconds later, the second goal did come after Maguire connected sweetly with a corner to head Utd into a two-goal lead.

Chelsea thought they’d pulled one back with what would’ve been the game’s third headed goal, but Olivier Giroud was ruled by VAR to have been marginally offside.

Mason Mount crashed a free-kick against the post in a carbon copy of the Fernandes chance earlier, but it wasn’t to be Chelsea’s night with Man Utd eventually running out 2-0 winners.


Continue Reading


Arsenal Thrash Newcastle In Second-Half Impressive Display To Earn Second Arteta Win



Arsenal produced a fine second-half display to earn a deserved second victory under Mikel Arteta, running out 3-0 winners at the Emirates stadium.

Arsenal took a while to get going in the first half, with Newcastle enjoying time and space on the ball with the pace of Allan Saint-Maximin and Miguel Almiron a constant threat on the break.

And Joelinton could have given his side the lead but put a clear-cut chance wide of the post.

But the Gunners started to warm up on the half-hour mark with Mesut Ozil starting to find his passing range from the centre of midfield.

And it was the German playmaker who found Eddie Nketiah – who was making his first Premier League start – on the edge of the box, with the Arsenal youngster forcing a smart save from Martin Dubravka.


Nicolas Pepe then drew another save from Dubravka, who tipped the winger’s long-range free-kick over the bar.

Saint-Maximin could have given the visitors the lead at the break as he powered past a laboured Arsenal defence but couldn’t get his shot on target from a tight angle.

Mikel Arteta’s side came out a different team in the second period, pushing for the opening goal, and Nketiah saw his shot clip the bar after fine combination play between Dani Ceballos and Nicolas Pepe.

And Arsenal did get the breakthrough soon after, with Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang directing a wonderful header into the far corner from a floated Pepe cross.

Provider turned scorer seconds later as Arsenal’s record signing tucked away Saka’s cross after the Arsenal academy product’s audacious nutmeg on Valentino Lazaro.

Saint-Maximin hit the post on the break for Newcastle, but the visitors ran out of steam in the second half.

Mesut Ozil then scored his first goal for 10 months, as his poked shot somehow made it past Dubravka, who fluffed his lines.

And Alexandre Lacazette then came off the bench to score his first goal in nine games to put the icing on the cake for Arteta’s side.

Continue Reading


BREAKING: Man City Handed 2 Years Champions League Ban



Manchester City have been banned from European competitions for the next two seasons for “serious financial fair-play breaches”, UEFA announced on Friday.

The English champions were also fined 30 million euros ($32.5 million), but can appeal the decision of UEFA’s adjudicatory chamber to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

More details shortly

Continue Reading