Connect with us

Metro

Woman Loses 39-Year-Old Marriage For Denying Husband Sex

Published

on

A mother of four, Mrs Janet Ayoola, lost her 39-year-old marriage to her husband, Olajide Ayoola, for denying him sex for seven years.

An Igando Customary Court in Lagos on Monday granted the request of Janet’s estranged husband, Olajide, for dissolution of the marriage.

The Court’s President, Mr Adeniyi Koledoye, said that since the petitioner insisted on divorce after several interventions, the court was left with no option than to grant him his wish.

“The court hereby pronounces the marriage between Mr Olajide Ayoola and Mrs Janet Ayoola dissolved today. Both of you henceforth cease to be husband and wife.

“Two of you should go on your separate ways unmolested. The court wishes both of you well in your future endeavour,” Koledoye ruled.

He, however, ordered Olajide to pay a severance of N200, 000 to Janet for her to move on with her life.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the 70-year-old pensioner had earlier approached the court to terminate his marriage, accusing his wife of starving him of sex.

“Janet who stayed under the same roof with me refused me to make love to her for good seven years. She will not even allow me to touch her, let alone sleep with her,” the petitioner told the court.

Ayoola said that his wife wanted to terminate his life so as to inherit his property.

“She had attacked me both physically and spiritually,” he said.

The embittered husband said that Janet lacked care for him.

“My wife had to employ some domestic staff who came to wash my clothes and cooked for me.

“Janet was an ungrateful woman. I had established businesses for her severally but the businesses collapsed due to her inability to manage them well.

“ My wife is a fighter; she fights me and everybody on the street,” Ayoola said.

The petitioner said that the respondent lacked respect for him and also instigated their children against him.

He pleaded with the court to end their marriage on the ground of lack of love.

“Please court terminate our marriage because my wife may succeed one day by killing me in my sleep,” he begged.

The respondent denied all the allegations.

She made a fervent plea to the court not to annul their marriage, saying that she still loved her husband.

The 58-year-old businesswoman said that she did not starve her husband of sex.

“My husband asked me to leave our room for another room, claiming I snored.

“I never made any attempt to kill my husband nor instigated any of our children against him,” Janet said.

The mother of four said that her husband always refused her food for reason best known to him.

(NAN)

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Metro

PHOTOS: Church Of Satan Demolished In Abia, Founder Arrested

Published

on

The Assemblies of Light Bearer Greater Church of Lucifer popularly known as Church of Satan in Ohafia, Abia State has been destroyed by youths of the community.

It was alleged that the founder of the church identified as Ifekwe Udo a.k.a Lucifer or Fada-Fada became popular in the past quarter of the decade, for his visible effort in providing employment opportunities for the jobless youths of the community. He gave the jobless youth motorcycles on hire purchase and also opened up a brothel in the community.

Ifenkwe was reportedly arrested for ”violating the lockdown order, child trafficking and terrorizing the community.”

Here are photos of youths destroying some statues in his church below;

Continue Reading

Metro

N168bn Fraud: Hushpuppi Hires Top Chicago Criminal Lawyer

Published

on

Ramon Abbas, the Dubai-based Nigerian arrested last month for alleged Internet fraud, has secured the service of a top criminal defence attorney in Chicago.

Court documents seen by PREMIUM TIMES showed Mr Abbas on Monday retained Gal Pissetzky, a senior partner at Chicago law firm Pissetzky & Berliner, to help extricate him from multi-million dollar fraud charges levelled against him by American authorities.

Mr Abbas, an Instagram sensation widely known as Hushpuppi, was arrested alongside dozens of his alleged co-conspirators following an overnight raid of his apartments in Dubai on June 10. Emirati police and prosecutors said about N16 billion was found in cash out of an estimated N168 billion online scams linked to the syndicate.

Following initial tussle over his custody between Nigeria and the United States, Mr Abbas was ultimately handed over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (F.B.I.) on July 2. He arrived in the U.S. on July 3 and made an initial court appearance in Chicago.

Although American prosecutors said Mr Abbas would still be transferred to Los Angeles “in the coming weeks”, he has decided to hire a top lawyer in Chicago to guide him through the process of transfer to Los Angeles.

Mr Pissetzky made the first appearance on behalf of Mr Abbas at the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois on July 6, documents showed.

Mr Pissetzky was called to the bar in 2002 and has practiced in Chicago since 2002. His firm’s website said he has been retained in high-profile cases and also widely recognised by major American media outlets as a legal consultant on serious criminal matters.

Already, court hearings have commenced for Mr Abbas to be removed from Chicago to Los Angeles where he was indicted on June 25 and a warrant issued for his arrest.

Mr Abbas has successfully argued for an adjournment of his removal hearing from July 7 to July 13, according to court documents.

The removal process appeared to have made it difficult for Mr Abbas to enter a plea, several days after he arrived on American soil. His plea may not be taken and he may not be entitled to bail until his matter is transferred to Los Angeles for proper prosecution.

Mr Pissetzky would likely counsel Mr Abbas through the removal process in Chicago, but it was unclear whether or not he would follow the suspect to Los Angeles. The attorney was not available for comments when PREMIUM TIMES reached his office on Tuesday.

Source: PremiumTimes

Continue Reading

Metro

I’m Ready To Pray For COVID-19 Patients In Isolation Centres Around The World — T.B Joshua

Published

on

t.b joshua

Pastor Temitope Joshua of Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) has said that he is ready to virtually offer prayer for COVID-19 patients in isolation centres around the world.

In an announcement posted to Joshua’s YouTube channel, Emmanuel TV, the cleric called on relevant government and medical authorities to “organise those who are in isolation” and “arrange how to connect them to us on Emmanuel TV”.

“The blessing of Jesus is for those who knock and ask,” he said in the announcement, adding, “In whatever way you support to make this happen, we are a team; we are not doing more than you”.

“Together we shall pray for them. Together we shall be set free from this COVID-19,” the statement continued, quoting the Biblical reference in Luke 4:40 where Jesus healed “all who had various kinds of sickness after the mass prayer.”

“The same anointing that heals one is also able to heal all at the same time,” it concluded, calling on all interested parties to contact the church via their email address info@emmanuel.tv.

Last week, the World Health Organisation reacted to a trending video in which a Cameroonian medical doctor was ‘healed’ from COVID-19 after receiving “interactive prayer” from Joshua’s ministry, acknowledging “spiritual leadership is very important in a time like this”.

His testimony was followed days later by a couple of university lecturers who equally acknowledged receiving healing from the dreaded virus, replete with medical reports before and after prayers from Emmanuel TV.

Since starting its ‘Interactive Prayer’ – in which online prayer is offered via video calls – Joshua’s ministry has prayed for COVID-19 patients from around the world including citizens of USA, South Africa, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Honduras and Cuba.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

HOTTEST TOPICS