Tyson Fury’s dad, John Fury, has warned Deontay Wilder he’ll end up in hospital if he decides to fight his son for the third time.
Wilder on Sunday officially exercised an immediate rematch clause for a third fight with Tyson Fury after Fury humiliated the Bronze Bomber in the seventh round to capture the WBC Heavyweight belt.
According to the trilogy contract, the third bout between the pair is being targeted for July 18th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, and John Fury a former heavyweight boxer, has warned Wilder that he risks ending up in the hospital if he wants to fight his son, even though he admitted the money involved in the third fight will be too much for Wilder to neglect.
John Fury who is banned from entering the US after punching someone’s face, believes Wilder will beat any other boxer in the division not named Tyson Fury.
“I can’t blame him for that. It’s all about the money,” John Fury told IFL TV.
“But I don’t know what he’s going to do with Tyson because Tyson is only getting better. Get your team round you and tell them to start using their brains. Forget Tyson, forget the Tyson Furys of the world. He’s too good for you. He’s proved that. You couldn’t beat him when he’d lost 10 stone. He got up from your best shots. That was enough to tell you that the rematch should never have been anyway.
“So what you want to do: go after AJ. Spread your wings. There’s other people out there. Other people he can annihilate. But let me tell you something, Tyson Fury has too much brains. He’s only getting better. Tell your team to start looking further afield, there’s plenty of other heavyweights out there you can make a few quid with.
“Get after Joshua and you’ll probably get all the other belts back off him. There’s plenty of other people out there. Concentrate on them. If you mess with my son, there’s only one place you’re going: the hospital. For a long time. So forget that one. Deontay Wilder is an incredible fighter. He’s got the knockout power. Let me tell you, any lesser man than Tyson Fury is not beating Deontay Wilder. Tyson is No. 1. Wilder is definitely No. 2.”
Shenhua ‘Open’ To Man Utd Keeping Ighalo Until January
Chinese club, Shanghai Shenhua are reportedly open to allowing Odion Ighalo to remain at Manchester United after it was revealed that Chinese Super League’s foreign players are banned from returning to China until October
As the border restrictions may prevent Ighalo from returning to his parent club Shanghai Shenhua, in time for the start of the new season in June, Shenhua are now willing to allow Odion Ighalo remain at Manchester United until January, according to Sky Sport.
This comes days after Ighalo’s agent Ladi Salami confirmed that an extension is close to being agreed between Manchester United, Shanghai Shenhua and Odion Ighalo.
Ladi Salami told FootMercato: “On the one hand, the Super Eagle [Nigerian] feels very good in Manchester with which it is very close to a salary agreement.
“Negotiations with the Chinese are ongoing and are going well.”
”On the other hand, in view of the latest regulations in force in the Middle Empire, it is almost impossible to offer such amounts.’
Since signing for Manchester United on a short-term loan deal from Shanghai Shenhua back in January, the Nigerian International has made a valuable contribution, scoring four times in just three starts.
Shenhua Offers Odion Ighalo N180m-A-Week Contract
Shanghai Shenhua has reportedly offered Odion Ighalo a new deal worth around £360,000-a-week (N180m) amid interest from Newcastle United.
According to The Times, Ighalo is set for a return to China. His Manchester United loan deal ends in six days, which was the agreed length when the Red Devils signed him in January.
Of course, things have changed since then. The global pandemic means that Ighalo hasn’t been able to see out the season at Old Trafford, as was initially intended.
Ighalo wants to stay at United, but talks between the two clubs have allegedly stalled. It now looks like the striker will be heading back to China on Sunday.
In order to try and keep Ighalo happy long-term, Shanghai Shenhua have allegedly offered him a new deal. Ighalo would be earning £75million over four years if he accepts, which is around £360,000-a-week.
Ighalo’s desire to stay in England may be a problem though. He’s a boyhood United fan, and fans have taken to him quickly despite initial bemusement at his arrival in January.
Meanwhile, Sky Sports recently claimed that Newcastle want him. Their huge takeover could go through soon, providing them with major backing in the transfer market.
Newcastle may be able to rival Shanghai Shenhua’s riches, but whether that is a good idea is another matter.
Ighalo turns 31 this summer and played just 61 minutes of Premier League action before the pandemic hit, so paying such huge money for the ex-Watford man would be a big risk.
Odion Ighalo Set To Leave Manchester United This Week
Odion Ighalo looks set to leave Manchester United at the end of his loan spell this week, with parent club Shanghai Shenhua keen to have the striker back ahead of the start of the Chinese Super League season.
Ighalo has been a hit at Old Trafford since signing a loan deal on the final day of the January transfer window, scoring four times for his boyhood club.
But his loan spell looks set to end after eight appearances, with his initial deal only penned until May 31. United’s season will now extend well beyond that as a result of the coronavirus pandemic that has caused a suspension to the campaign, with United not playing since their 5-0 demolition of LASK Linz on March 12.
United still have nine Premier League games to play and remain in the Europa League and the FA Cup. They are keen to keep Ighalo until the end of this season and have held discussions with Shanghai Shenhua about extending the loan deal.
However, the Chinese authorities are now hopeful of beginning the Chinese Super League season in late June or early July, and as a result his club are keen to have the 30-year-old striker back in the fold.
The initial loan came at a time when the CSL season was yet to begin and China was the epicentre of the COVID-19 pandemic, but the country is now reporting far fewer cases and there is confidence the 2020 campaign could get underway within the next six weeks.
Ighalo has been keen to remain at Old Trafford. He has made no secret of his love for the club and has relished every minute of his unexpected move to United.
Ighalo was signed on deadline day as United’s frantic search for a striker in the wake of Marcus Rashford’s back injury came to an end. The Nigerian’s impact at the club he supported as a boy has far exceeded expectations, with goals in all of his starts for the club, but with Rashford now fit and available again United are relaxed about the prospect of losing Ighalo at the end of this week.
- Inside Nigeria6 days ago
BREAKING: No Moon Sighted, Fasting Continues Tomorrow — NSCIA
- Biafra News5 days ago
Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Threatens To Excommunicate Saboteurs From IPOB
- Top Story6 days ago
‘In America, We Need More Prayer’ — Trump Orders Places Of Worship Reopen Immediately
- Entertainment6 days ago
Nollywood Actress, Emilia Dike, Slumps And Dies In Enugu
- Metro5 days ago
I Killed My Brother Because He Was Our Father’s Favorite — Murder Suspect
- Inside Nigeria7 days ago
Nigeria Records 339 New COVID-19 Cases, Total Infections Now 7,016
- Metro7 days ago
10 Members Of A Family Test Positive For Coronavirus In Kaduna
- Gist6 days ago
‘Men Are Suffering, Many Have Never Received Birthday Cake Or Present Before From Their Women’ — Lady Says, Advises Women To Do Better