Connect with us

Top Story

Chinese Govt Sued For $20 Trillion Over COVID-19 Outbreak

Published

on

A conservative lawyer has sued the Chinese government over the coronavirus pandemic, with the claim that the Chinese government developed the virus as an illegal biological weapon to unleash on the world.

Lawyer Larry Klayman and his group Freedom Watch filed the complaint in federal court in Texas seeking at least $20 trillion from the Chinese government because of its “callous and reckless indifference and malicious acts.”

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Klayman, Freedom Watch and Buzz Photos, a Texas company that specializes in high school sports photography.

Klayman said the school closures and sports cancellations have led Buzz Photos to close and brought it to the brink of bankruptcy. According to the lawsuit, the company lost roughly $50,000 last weekend alone and has been forced to lay off workers.

“There is no reason why the American taxpayer should, contrary to the establishment in Washington, D.C., have to pay for the tremendous harm caused by the Chinese government,” Klayman said in a statement. “The Chinese people are a good people, but their government is not and it must be made to pay dearly.”

Researchers and public health experts have repeatedly shot down the conspiracy theory that the coronavirus was man-made, with studies showing it originated as an animal virus that eventually jumped to humans.

Top Story

WHO Suspends Chloroquine Trial As Possible Cure For COVID-19

Published

on

The World Health Organization (WHO) on Monday May 25, announced that it has suspended the use of hydroxychloroquine in solidarity trial for the treatment of COVID-19.

The drug trial was suspended on grounds of safety concern following a report published by Lancet, which revealed that more people are dying from the use of hydroxychloroquine to combat COVID-19.

WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus who made the announcement during an online briefing, added that other aspects of the WHO solidarity trial would continue.

Ghebreyesus said: “As you know, more than two months ago we initiated the Solidarity Trial, to evaluate the safety and efficacy of four drugs and drug combinations against COVID-19.

“On Friday, the Lancet published an observational study on hydroxycholoroquine and chloraquine and its effects on COVID-19 patients that have been hospitalised.

“The authors reported that among patients receiving the drug, when used alone or with a macrolide, they estimated a higher mortality rate.

“The Executive Group of the Solidarity Trial, representing 10 of the participating countries, met on Saturday and has agreed to review a comprehensive analysis and critical appraisal of all evidence available globally.

“The review will consider data collected so far in the Solidarity Trial and in particular robust randomised available data, to adequately evaluate the potential benefits and harms from this drug.

“The Executive Group has implemented a temporary pause of the hydroxychloroquine arm within the Solidarity Trial while the safety data is reviewed by the Data Safety Monitoring Board.

“The other arms of the trial are continuing. This concern relates to the use of hydroxychloroquine and chloraquine in COVID-19.

“I wish to reiterate that these drugs are accepted as generally safe for use in patients with autoimmune diseases or malaria. WHO will provide further updates as we know more. And we will continue to work night and day for solutions, science and solidarity.”

Over 400 hospitals in 35 countries are actively recruiting patients and nearly 3500 patients have been enrolled for trials in 17 countries. At the moment, five states in the country – Lagos, FCT, Ogun, Kaduna, Sokoto and Kano have signed up to participate in the WHO’s solidarity trial to help find an effective treatment for COVID-19.

Continue Reading

Top Story

‘In America, We Need More Prayer’ — Trump Orders Places Of Worship Reopen Immediately

Published

on

donald trump

US President Donald Trump on Friday ordered governors to reopen worship centres; churches, synagogues and mosques “right now,” while also threatening to “override” state leaders’ restrictions if they do not do so by the weekend.

In the words of Donald Trump, it was an “injustice” that some state leaders have allowed “liquor stores and abortion clinics” to stay open during the Covid-19 pandemic while closing houses of worship.

It’s not right,” Trump said. “I’m calling houses of worship essential.”

“If there’s any question, they’re going to have to call me, but they’re not going to be successful in that call,” Trump said of state leaders.

“The governors need to do the right thing and allow these very important essential places of faith to open right now, for this weekend,”

“If they don’t do it, I will override the governors.”

“It’s not right,” ”This move is aimed at correcting this injustice.”

“If there’s any question, they’re going to have to call me, But they are not going to be successful in that call.”

“In America, we need more prayer,” “Not less.” Mr Trump said before leaving the briefing room.

The White House had recently fought with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to make its forthcoming guidelines for reopening areas of worship more lenient, NBC News reported Thursday.

Continue Reading

Top Story

Ex-President’s Son Commits Suicide

Published

on

A son of Mexico’s former president Luis Echeverria Alvarez, who governed in the 1970s with an iron fist, has killed himself, authorities said Tuesday.

Alvaro Echeverria Zuno, 71, died on Tuesday morning at his home in the state of Morelos, south of Mexico City, the local prosecutor’s office said in a statement.

Former president Echeverria, 98, led the country from 1970-1976 and is considered the main person responsible for Mexico’s “dirty war”, which featured the targeted assassinations and forced disappearance of students, leftist activists, and guerrillas by government agents.

The worst massacres in modern Mexican history took place in October 1968 – 10 days before the opening of the Olympic Games in Mexico City – when ex-president Echeverria was interior minister in the government of Gustavo Diaz Ordaz (1964-1970).

Hundreds of unarmed students and demonstrators – the exact number is still unknown – were slaughtered when soldiers and undercover agents opened fire on protesters at a plaza in the Mexico City neighborhood of Tlatelolco.

In 2006 Echevarria faced genocide charges, but given his age was granted home prison and eventually given conditional freedom.

(AFP)

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement

HOTTEST TOPICS