Connect with us

Metro

REVEALED: George Floyd And Ex-Cop Derek Chauvin Worked Together As Bouncers At Club For 17 Years

Published

on

Following the shocking death of George Floyd caused by an ex-cop in Minneapolis, new information shows that they were co-workers for a very long time — 17 years precisely.

A former Minneapolis club owner has said that both George Floyd and the fired police officer in whose custody Floyd died Monday used to work security at her club.

Maya Santamaria told KSTP in Minneapolis that Floyd and Derek Chauvin worked security at El Nuevo Rodeo up to the end of last year. Santamaria said she sold the building, which she owned for 20 years, a few months ago.

“Chauvin was our off-duty police for almost the entirety of the 17 years that we were open,” Santamaria told the news station. “They were working together at the same time, it’s just that Chauvin worked outside and the security guards were inside.”

Santamaria said she was unsure if the men knew one another because there were often more than a dozen security officers working at the same time on busy nights.

Andrea Jenkins, vice president of the Minneapolis City Council, confirmed the men’s employment at El Nuevo Rodeo in an interview with MSNBC.

“They were co-workers for a very long time,” Jenkins said.

The former club owner, who operates La Raza 95.7 FM radio, said she initially did not recognize either Chauvin or Floyd in the now-infamous video that shows Chauvin holding Floyd to the pavement with a knee to the black man’s neck.

“My friend sent me (the video) and said, ‘This is your guy who used to work for you,’ and I said, ‘It’s not him.’ And then they did the close-up, and that’s when I said, ‘Oh my God, that’s him,” Santamaria said. “I didn’t recognize George as one of our security guys because he looked really different lying there like that.”

The video shows Chauvin holding his knee to Floyd’s neck for more than five minutes as Floyd and bystanders beg him to stop. Floyd, 46, became unresponsive and died.Law enforcement officials, including the FBI, are investigating Floyd’s death.

Chauvin and the three other officers involved in detaining Floyd, who had been accused of forgery, were subsequently fired.

Floyd’s death has provoked days of fires and violent protest in Minneapolis and beyond as activists demand the former officers be charged with murder. One person was shot and killed near the protest site Wednesday night and on Thursday night, protesters set fire to a Minneapolis police precinct.

Metro

Every Rape Victim Enjoys The Act After Being Forced — Marriage Counselor (Video)

Published

on

Controversial Ghanaian marriage counselor, Lutterodt in a recent statement claimed that every rape victim enjoys the act when it gets to some point.

Lutterodt, explained that despite the fact that rape is not a good thing, he added that the moment a victim is not willing to do it she starts to enjoy it after the incident begins.

He made this known during a discussion on Adom Tv which the pundit argued with him that what he claims is not true.

Check video below;

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Adom 106.3 fm (@adom1063fm) on

Continue Reading

Metro

JUST IN: Hushpuppi Reportedly Tests Positive For Coronavirus

Published

on

File Photo | For illustration purpose only

Alleged Billionaire internet fraudster, Raymond Abbas popularly known as Hushpuppi has reportedly tested positive for coronavirus.

Popular Nigerian investigative journalist, Kemi Olunloyo revealed this in a Twitter sighted by ORIENTAL TIMES.

Not long ago, Federal Bureau of Investigation, FBI, commended Dubai Police for arresting and extraditing Hushpuppi’and his close associate, Olalekan Jacob Ponle, also known as Woodberry, to the United States for allegedly defrauding almost two million people.

This was revealed in a statement by the Dubai Police on Thursday after sending Hushpuppi and Woodberry to the US state of Pennsylvania after week of their arrest.

Continue Reading

Metro

Ghanaian Authorities Arrest 24 Nigerians Over Illegal Immigration

Published

on

Customs Excise and Preventive Service (CEPS), Division of the Ghana Revenue Authority in the early hours of Tuesday arrested 24 Nigerian nationals for allegedly entering the country through unapproved routes.

The immigrants, that included; five females admitted entering the jurisdiction and were Nigerians but refused to give reasons for their entry.

Chief Superintendent, Mr Shradrach Azangweo, South Tongu District Commander of the Ghana Immigration Service told the Ghana News Agency that the culprits would be moved to Aflao to assist in further investigations.

“None of them has been able to give a good reason for crossing into the country having breached our immigration laws and we intend to send them to Aflao for further investigations,” he said.

He said the immigrants had their temperatures taken with initial investigations and were likely to be quarantined at Aflao.

Mr Azangweo said the Immigration service would not allow them to continue their journey and they would all be repatriated after their COVID-19 status so that they do not endanger the lives of other people.

He said the culprits were assisted by ‘Okada’ riders and public transport drivers to the point of arrest.

He warned the drivers and Okada riders of serious repercussions for them, as they continued to facilitate the movement of the West African nationals into the country saying “you will endanger your life and other members of the public for possible infection of the virus.

“We will advise the public to support in this fight since the COVID-19 cases keep increasing, we ask everyone to be vigilant and report any suspicious characters of foreign extraction to us because we cannot do this alone.” he said.

Continue Reading
Advertisement

HOTTEST TOPICS